Table of Contents
The Global Bio-implants market accounted for $70.3 billion in 2014 and is expected to grow at a CAGR of 7.4% to reach $124.5 billion by 2022. Bio-implants are made up of biosynthetic materials such as collagen, tissues, artificial skin and others which are used to replace or repair damaged tissues. Bio-implants are of three types namely biological implants, bio-functionalised implants and biologised implants.
The factors driving the bio-implants market include rising elderly population, increasing chronic diseases and growing disposable income. However factors such as high cost of implants, reimbursement issues and biocompatibility are likely to hinder the market growth. The technologies such as 3D printing and nanotechnology, used in manufacturing of bio-implants would further boost the market during the forecast period.
With increasing hip and knee surgeries, the orthopedic implants are expected to witness the high growth during the forecast period. North America is estimated to be the largest market followed by Europe, whereas Asia pacific is expected to be the fastest growing region during forecast period. The factors driving the Asia Pacific market include rising disposable income and improving healthcare.
Some of the key players in bio-implants market include Stryker Corporation, Boston Scientific Corporation, Medtronic, Biomet, Inc., Tornier N.V., Invibio Biomaterial Solutions, St. Jude Medical, Inc., Synthes, Smith & Nephew and Wright Medical Group.
Types of Bio-implants /covered:
• Spinal Implants
• Cardiovascular Implants
• Dental Implants
• Orthopedic Implants
• Metals & Alloys
• North America
• Asia Pacific
o New Zealand
o Rest of Asia
• Rest of the World
o Latin America
o Middle East
What our report offers:
- Market share assessments for the regional and country level segments
- Market share analysis of the top industry players
- Strategic recommendations for the new entrants
- Market forecasts for a minimum of 8 years of all the mentioned segments, sub segments and the regional markets
- Market Trends (Drivers, Constraints, Opportunities, Threats, Challenges, Investment Opportunities, and recommendations)
- Strategic recommendations in key business segments based on the market estimations
- Competitive landscaping mapping the key common trends
- Company profiling with detailed strategies, financials, and recent developments
- Supply chain trends mapping the latest technological advancements
Get Industry Insights. Simply.
Talk to Veronica
+1 718 514 2762
EU5 Ultrasound Systems Market Outlook to 2022 Summary GlobalData’s new report, "EU5 Ultrasound Systems Market Outlook to 2022", provides key market data on the EU5 Ultrasound Systems market. The report ...
North America Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI) Systems Market Outlook to 2022 Summary GlobalData’s new report, "North America Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI) Systems Market Outlook to 2022", provides ...
U.S. Knee Implant Market: Overview This report on knee implant market studies the current as well as future prospects of the market globally. The stakeholders of this report include companies and intermediaries ...