Table of Contents
The Global Military Ammunition Market 2016-2026
Global market for military ammunition is valued at US$10.3 Billion in 2016, which is anticipated to register a CAGR of 1.52% to reach US$12.0 Billion in 2026 and in the process, account for a cumulative market of US$116.4 Billion over the forecast period. Global expenditure on military ammunition is expected to increase over the forecast period, primarily due to the sustained procurement anticipated to be carried out by major defense spending countries that are currently involved in conflicts, and emerging economies involved in territorial disputes and countering insurgencies.
The ammunition market in the region is primarily driven by the US, the largest defense spender in the world. It spends significantly on the procurement of ammunition due to its widespread operations and training programs inside the US and in other countries. Expenditure in the domain by the country is expected to be sustained by various high-value long-term contracts in the Small Caliber and Artillery Ammunition segments awarded by the US DoD to maintain appropriate levels of ammunition for its military forces globally.
North America represents the largest market, with total spending on military ammunition valued at US$56.1 Billion over the forecast period. The region’s ammunition market, valued at US$5 Billion in 2016, is projected to grow at a CAGR of 2.06%, to reach US$6.1 Billion in 2026. Asia Pacific is expected to account for the second largest market in the region with a cumulative expenditure of US$26.8 Billion and a global market share of 23% over the forecast period.
Furthermore, the impact of military modernization on the ammunition market is most likely to be witnessed in emerging economies such as India, China, Brazil, and Russia, which are spending significantly on enhancing the capabilities of their ground forces by inducting state-of-the-art small arms, howitzers, and mortars.
The report “The Global Military Ammunition Market 2016-2026” offers detailed analysis of the global military ammunition market over the next ten years, and provides market size forecasts. Furthermore, it covers key technological and market trends in the industry and analyzes factors influencing demand for various types of ammunition.
In particular, it provides an in-depth analysis of the following:
- Overview: Snapshot of the military ammunition market during 2016–2026, including highlights of the demand drivers, trends and challenges. It also provides a snapshot of the spending with respect to regions as well as segments.
- Market Dynamics: Insights into the technological developments in the military ammunition market and a detailed analysis of the changing preferences of governments around the world. It also analyzes changing industry structure trends and the challenges faced by the industry participants.
- Segment Analysis: Insights into the military ammunition market from a segmental perspective and a detailed analysis of factors influencing the market for each segment.
- Regional Review: Insights into modernization patterns and budgetary allocation for top countries within a region.
- Regional Analysis: Insights into the military ammunition market from a regional perspective and a detailed analysis of factors influencing the market for each region.
- Trend Analysis – Key Defense Market: Analysis of the key markets in each region, providing an analysis of the military ammunition segments expected to be in demand in each region.
- Key Program Analysis: Details of the top programs in each segment expected to be executed during the forecast period.
- Competitive Landscape Analysis: Analysis of competitive landscape of the global military ammunition industry. It provides an overview of key defense companies, together with insights such as key alliances, strategic initiatives and a brief financial analysis.
Companies mentioned in this report: Orbital ATK, General Dynamics-Ordnance and Tactical Systems, BAE Systems, Nammo AS, Olin Corporation, Rheinmetall Defence, Nexter Munitions, Poongsan Corporation, Maxam, RUAG Ammotec.
- The global Military Ammunition market is expected to grow at a CAGR of 1.52% during the forecast period. The market consists of six categories: small caliber ammunition, medium caliber ammunition, large caliber ammunition, artillery ammunition, mortar ammunition and rockets and others. The global military ammunition report is expected to be dominated by the rockets and others segment, followed by artillery ammunition.
- The market is expected to be dominated by North America, occupying 48% of the market share, followed by Asia-Pacific market, which is dominated by China, India, Japan and South Korea. Russia, France and the UK account for major market share in the European region.
- Latin America, the Middle East, and Africa cumulatively account for 14% of global military ammunition expenditure
The demand for Military Ammunition is anticipated to be driven by the sustained procurement anticipated to be carried out by major defense spending countries that are currently involved in conflicts, and emerging economies involved in territorial disputes and countering insurgencies. In addition, the need to maintain a sufficient inventory of ammunition for militaries worldwide and the increasing demand for training ammunition are also anticipated to have a positive impact on the demand for military ammunition. Rockets, artillery, and small caliber ammunition are expected to account for the top three largest shares of the global military ammunition market over the forecast period.
The Global Military Ammunition Market 2016-2026 report offers a detailed analysis of the industry with market size forecasts covering the next ten years. This report will also analyze factors that influence demand for military ammunition, key market trends, and challenges faced by industry participants.
In particular, it provides an in-depth analysis of the following:
- Market size and drivers: detailed analysis during 2016-2026, including highlights of the demand drivers and growth stimulators. It also provides a snapshot of the spending and modernization patterns of different regions around the world.
- Recent developments and industry challenges: insights into technological developments and a detailed analysis of the changing preferences of Military Ammunition segments around the world. It also provides trends of the changing industry structure and the challenges faced by industry participants.
- SWOT analysis: a study of the industry characteristics by determining the strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and threats.
- Regional highlights: study of the key markets in each region, providing an analysis of the key segments of the market that are expected to be in demand.
- Major programs: details of the key programs in each segment, which are expected to be executed during 2016-2026.
- Competitive landscape and strategic insights: analysis of the competitive landscape of the global market. It provides an overview of key players, together with information regarding key alliances, strategic initiatives, and financial analysis.
Reasons To Buy
- Determine prospective investment areas based on a detailed trend analysis of the global Military Ammunition market over the next ten years.
- Gain in-depth understanding about the underlying factors driving demand for different Military Ammunition segments in the top spending countries across the world and identify the opportunities offered by each of them.
- Strengthen your understanding of the market in terms of demand drivers, SWOT, industry trends, and the latest technological developments, among others.
- Identify the major channels that are driving the global Military Ammunition market, providing a clear picture about future opportunities that can be tapped, resulting in revenue expansion.
- Channelize resources by focusing on the ongoing programs that are being undertaken by the internal ministries of different countries within the Military Ammunition market.
- Make correct business decisions based on thorough analysis of the total competitive landscape of the sector with detailed profiles of the top Military Ammunition service providers around the world which include information about their products, alliances, recent contract wins and financial analysis wherever availabl
Get Industry Insights. Simply.
Talk to Ahmad
+1 718 618 4302
“Growing geopolitical tensions across the globe are expected to fuel the growth of the global ammunition market during the forecast period, 2016 to 2021.” The global ammunition market is projected ...
The 2017 Market Research Report on Ammunition (except Small Arms) Manufacturing is an in-depth evaluation of the industry and will provide you with the key insights, trends and benchmarks you need to create ...
Future of the Norwegian Defense Industry - Market Attractiveness, Competitive Landscape and Forecasts to 2022 Summary The Future of the Norwegian Defense Industry - Market Attractiveness, Competitive ...