Table of Contents
This BCC Research report presents a balanced view of the current usage, challenges, market drivers and areas of prospective applications of anti counterfeiting packaging technologies in the global pharmaceutical and food industries. Includes forecasts through 2020.
The global market for anti-counterfeiting packaging technologies is expected to increase from nearly $74.2 billion in 2015 to $135.6 billion in 2020, with a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 12.8% from 2015 to 2020.
This report provides:
- An overview of the global markets for anti-counterfeiting packaging technologies in the pharmaceutical and food industries with particular focuses on authentication and track and trace packaging technologies.
- Analyses of global market trends, with data from 2014, estimates for 2015, and projections of compound annual growth rates (CAGRs) through 2020.
- Discussion in detail covering the impact of government regulatory requirements, growing sophistication of counterfeiters, concern for brand protection, industry mandates, and inter-governmental initiatives.
- Coverage of the role of U.S. and foreign manufacturers and regulatory agencies in the market for anti-counterfeiting technologies.
- Analysis of the market's dynamics, specifically growth drivers, inhibitors, and opportunities.
- Detailed evaluation of the supply chain which is integral to the application of anti-counterfeiting packaging.
- Profiles of major players in the industry.
SCOPE OF REPORT
This study is about applications of anti-counterfeiting packaging technologies in the global pharmaceutical and food industries. It particularly focuses on authentication and track and trace packaging technologies. This report covers the role of U.S. and foreign manufacturers and regulatory agencies in the market for anti-counterfeiting technologies. Practically all drug and food products go through multiple distribution channels from the original manufacturers until they reach the final consumers. Consequently, the supply chain is integral to the application of anti-counterfeiting packaging technologies. Recognizing that it is impossible to capture the diversity of the global drug and food supply chains in detail, the report uses the U.S. drug and food marketing systems to illustrate the roles of key players (e.g., manufacturers, wholesalers, retailers) in the supply chain. Additionally, this report recognizes and highlights the growing role of the Internet in the global supply chain.
Market projections of global sales of authentication and track and trace packaging technologies to the drug and food industries are developed through 2020. Excluded are the usage and sales of these technologies in other consumer packaged goods sectors. Investment in research and development are important to the ongoing innovations in packaging technologies. This report compiles recent patents awarded for innovations in the categories of technologies included in this report. Profiles of major manufacturers and suppliers of authentication and track and trace packaging technologies are included.
Get Industry Insights. Simply.
Talk to Veronica
+1 718 514 2762
“Tube packaging market is projected to grow at a CAGR of 6.9%” The tube packaging market is projected to grow at a CAGR of 6.9% during the forecast period of 2016 to 2021 and reach USD 9.30 billion ...
“Growing demand from the pharmaceutical & healthcare sector to drive the market for anti-counterfeit packaging” The global market for anti-counterfeit packaging is projected to grow from USD 107.26 ...
“The pharmaceutical packaging market is projected to grow at a CAGR of 6.4% during forecast period, 2016 to 2021.” The pharmaceutical packaging market is projected to reach USD 94.93 billion by 2021, ...