Table of Contents
The market size, in terms of value, of green & bio-solvents is estimated to be about USD 5.58 billion in 2015 and is projected to reach USD 8.17 billion by 2020, at a CAGR of 7.94% between 2015 and 2020. The green & bio-solvents market, along with its applications, witnessed a moderate-to-high growth in the past few years and is likely to continue so in the coming years. The drivers identified for the green & bio-solvents market are environmental & regulatory pressure designed to reduce the emissions of ODS, VOCs, and HAPs; reduced dependency on petrochemical solvents and the exporting countries; improved competitiveness from product differentiation; and uncertainty about oil price development.
Methyl soyate to be the fastest-growing green & bio-solvent
Methyl soyate is the fastest-growing green & bio-solvent as it has become successful commercially as a viable green alternative industrial solvent on its own merits, as the market demand has increased exponentially from the past ten years. Besides methyl soyate, d-limonene and lactate esters are also high growth markets.
Cosmetics and pharmaceutical applications to be the key end-use markets with high growth prospects
Cosmetics and pharmaceutical applications are estimated to have the best growth prospects for green & bio-solvents.
BREAKDOWN OF PRIMARY INTERVIEWS
Number of primaries: By Company Type
Tier 1 – 45%
Tier 2 – 35%
Tier 3: 20%
Number of primaries: By Designation Type
C Level – 35%
Director Level – 25%
Others – 40%
Number of Primaries: By Region
North America – 45%
Europe – 30%
Asia Pacific – 20%
RoW – 5%
Target new opportunities with high potential
- Asphalt paving and roofing shingles
- Extracting bitumen and heavy oil from Canadian Tar Sands
- Petroleum solvent replacement in the key applications
Companies profiled in the report
- Archer Daniels Midland Company (U.S.)
- BASF SE (Germany), BioAmber Inc. (U.S.)
- Huntsman Corporation (U.S.)
- E.I. Du Pont de Nemours & Co. (U.S.)
- The Dow Chemical Company (U.S.)
- Vertec Biosolvents Inc. (U.S.)
- Florida Chemical Company (U.S.)
- Cargill Incorporated (U.S.)
- Cremer Oleo GmbH & Co. KG (Germany)
Reasons to buy the report
- Scenario analysis of three possible price points of crude oil and its resulting impact on the green solvents market
- A comprehensive coverage and analysis of the green & bio-solvents market in North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and RoW
- Competitive landscape of the major players and their developments in the green solvents market
- Identify opportunities with high-potential for green & bio-solvents
- Identify and target high-growth application segments
Get Industry Insights. Simply.
Talk to Ahmad
+1 718 618 4302
The global specialty chemicals market was valued at USD XX billion in 2015, and is likely to reach USD XX billion by 2020, growing at a CAGR of XX%, during the forecast period (2017 - 2022). Specialty ...
Use this report to: - Assess global market and quantify the demands for flame retardant chemicals by chemical type and end-use application over the years 2016 to 2022. - l Understand current market dynamics ...
“Global paints & coatings market to register a CAGR of 5.07% from 2016 to 2021” The global paints & coatings market was valued at USD 141.58 billion in 2015 and is projected to register a CAGR of ...