Table of Contents
As Latvians are becoming healthier, there is a growing consumption of healthier drinks being observed. The rise in the excise duty for alcoholic drinks brought bigger changes in the consumption patterns than initially expected; FABs and beer saw the most significant consumption losses. The dairy market is still unstable in Latvia - the price of milk continues to decrease, which, resulted in the growing consumption of milk products. The economic mood in the country was positive during Q4-15 and that was reflected in overall beverage consumption volumes.
- The growth for packaged water is mainly attributed to the dry weather in Latvia during the Q4-15, which resulted in a water shortage for people using water wells
- As the economic situation in the country is becoming better and purchasing power is increasing, more people can now afford to buy premium beverage products
- Latvians are trying to live healthier lives which saw a rise in low calorie drinks, such as reduced calorie cola
- The consumption of beer was mainly affected by the rise in excise duty making the category more expensive
- Despite hot beverage prices falling in Latvia during Q4-15, the atypically warm months negatively affected their consumption in Latvia
Canadean's Latvia Quarterly Beverage Tracker Q4-15 covering soft drinks, dairy drinks, hot drinks and alcoholic drinks is an essential tool for keeping up-to-date with the latest industry performance and developments on a quarterly basis, covering:
- Topline consumption volumes for Q4-2015 vs Q4-2014, moving annual totals (MAT), full year 2015 provisional data and 2016 forecasts for all beverage categories
- Carbonates consumption data for Q4-2015 vs Q4-2014, moving annual totals (MAT), full year 2015 provisional data and 2016 forecasts split by regular vs low calorie, and key flavour
- An economic mood indicator with an at a glance assessment of industry confidence levels, private label performance vs brands and price trends
- Insightful and valuable analysis of the drivers behind the latest quarterly trends and assumptions for full year 2016
- Analysis of significant activity in the soft drinks market, including new product introductions (ranked by brand owner and detailing flavour, pack type/size, retail price and selected product shots)
- Update on important soft drinks corporate activity
- Quarterly selected retail price movements for key brands by category covering the most recent five quarters
- Our Q4 special focus update on the latest trends in functional and flavoured waters
Reasons To Buy
- Gain an in-depth understanding of the most up-to-date trends in the Latvia beverage industry to support and enhance your strategic planning
- Investigate the latest quarterly and emerging annual trends in Latvia to back your marketing initiatives
- Analyse the latest beverage category 2016 forecast projections to make well-informed decisions on the outlook in the marketplace for your company
- View a selection of the key quarterly new soft drinks product launches and identify competitor activity
- Access a quarterly Special Focus on a current industry 'hot topic' offering qualitative insight from local consultants to determine opportunities for product innovation
Get Industry Insights. Simply.
Talk to Ahmad
+1 718 618 4302
Global Soymilk & Soy Drinks (Dairy & Soy Food) Market - Outlook to 2020: Market Size, Growth and Forecast Analytics Summary "Global Soymilk & Soy Drinks (Dairy & Soy Food) Market - Outlook to 2020: Market ...
Global Still Drinks (Soft Drinks) Market - Outlook to 2020: Market Size, Growth and Forecast Analytics Summary "Global Still Drinks (Soft Drinks) Market - Outlook to 2020: Market Size, Growth and Forecast ...
Global Iced/Rtd Coffee Drinks (Soft Drinks) Market - Outlook to 2020: Market Size, Growth and Forecast Analytics Summary "Global Iced/Rtd Coffee Drinks (Soft Drinks) Market - Outlook to 2020: Market Size, ...