Table of Contents
French attitudes to commercially prepared baby food have undergone a change in the past few years. Information from manufacturers, coupled with the Nutri-Bebe 2013 survey, confirm that there is a growing trend towards mothers feeding their babies home-made food in preference to commercially prepared food and a trend towards organic rather than standard food. These moves are based on a lack of confidence in the baby food industry. According to Blédina, in 2014 only 47% of parents thought that commercially prepared baby food was safe - an extremely low proportion.
- Consumption has fallen by 9.3% since 2008, with declines in all sectors apart from milks. Baby milks saw a slight increase of 2.1% over the review period.
- In terms of volume, wet meals constitute the bulk of the French market, accounting for 54.2% of consumption in 2014. In terms of value, however, milks dominate, claiming 53.9% of retail sales in 2014.
- Large food retailers now control the majority of sales in every sector of the baby food market, taking an overall value share of 83.6% in 2014.
- The market for baby food in France is expected to continue to decline in 2015 before beginning to recover gradually from 2016 onwards, as the economic situation starts to improve.
“Baby Food in France” is an analytical report by Canadean which provides extensive and highly detailed current and future market trends in the France market.
What else does this report offer?
- Consumption data based upon a unique combination of industry research, fieldwork, market sizing work and our in-house expertise to offer extensive data about the trends and dynamics affecting the industry.
- Detailed profile of the companies operating and new companies considering entry in the industry along with their key focus product sectors.
- Market profile of the various product sectors with the key features and developments, segmentation, per capita trends and the various manufacturers and brands.
- Overview of baby food retailing with a mention of the major retailers in the country along with the distribution channel.
- Future projections considering various trends which are likely to affect the industry.
Reasons To Buy
- Evaluate important changes in consumer behaviour and identify profitable markets and areas for product innovation.
- Analyse current and forecast behaviour trends in each category to identify the best opportunities to exploit.
- Detailed understanding of consumption by individual product categories in order to align your sales and marketing efforts with the latest trends in the market.
- Investigates which categories are performing the best and how this is changing market dynamics.
Get Industry Insights. Simply.
Talk to Ahmad
+1 718 618 4302
The global baby product market is expected to reach USD 121.0 billion by 2025, according to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc. Rising spending capability in matured economies of North America and ...
This report analyzes the worldwide markets for Baby Foods and Infant Formula in US$ by the following Product Segments: Infant Formula, RTE Foods, Dried Foods, and Others. The report provides separate comprehensive ...
This report provides insight into the current market scenario, structure and practices. In depth market scenario includes: - Current market size estimate - Revenues by players - Top 5 Companies - Market ...