Table of Contents
The British smoking tobacco market is large and forecast to grow in the long term as increasing tax rates and price rises will force consumers to switch from expensive manufactured cigarettes to cheaper rolling tobacco. However, the price differences between these tobacco products will decrease as the government introduces strict anti-tobacco retail laws in 2017 in which smoking tobacco product sizes will increase, causing prices to rise, and taxes will also be hiked to discourage consumption. In addition, the smoking tobacco market is plagued by a large non-duty paid sector with people smuggling products from EU countries to sell in the UK. For instance, non-duty paid smoking tobacco accounted for an estimated 4,900 tons in 2016 compared to 6,145 tons of legitimate sales.
- Legitmate smoking tobacco volumes were 6,145 tons in 2016 compared to an estimated 4,900 tons of non-duty paid volumes. - JTI dominates the smoking tobacco market with a 44.7% market share.
- 19% of the adult population smoke in the UK.
- The UK has the second highest specific excise tax for tobacco products in the EU, after Ireland.
Smoking Tobacco in the UK is an analytical report by GlobalData that provides extensive and highly detailed current and future market trends in the British market. It covers market size and structure along with per capita and overall consumption. Additionally, it focuses on brand data, retail pricing, prospects, and forecasts for sales and consumption until 2025.
Reasons To Buy
- Get a detailed understanding of consumption to align your sales and marketing efforts with the latest trends in the market.
- Identify the areas of growth and opportunities, which will aid effective marketing planning.
- The differing growth rates in regional product sales drive fundamental shifts in the market.
- This report provides detailed, authoritative data on these changes - prime intelligence for marketers.
- Understand the market dynamics and essential data to benchmark your position and to identify where to compete in the future.
Get Industry Insights. Simply.
Talk to Veronica
+1 718 514 2762
Market Overview The global E-cigarette market has gained significant attraction among tobacco smokers in recent years, owing to lesser health concerns related to it. E-cigarettes, also known as electronic ...
Smoking segment is predicted to create more absolute $ opportunity as compared to the smokeless segment Organic tobacco is majorly used in smoking products such as cigarettes and RYO and is expected to ...
In 2014, According to WHO there are 466 brands producing E-cigarettes and in 2013 $3 billion was spent on it globally. The sale of E-cigarettes is estimated to increase by a factor of 17 by 2030. E-Cigarettes ...