Table of Contents
Global Semiconductor CVD Equipment Market 2016-2020
Covering: This industry research report includes a detailed segmentation of the global semiconductor CVD equipment market by product type (AP CVD, DP CVD, LP CVD, and MO CVD) and by end user (foundry, memory, and IDM). It also outlines the market shares for key regions such as APAC, Europe, and North America. The key vendors analyzed in this report are Applied Materials, Lam Research, Tokyo Electron, and Hitachi Kokusai Electric.
Market outlook of the global semiconductor CVD equipment market
Technavio’s market research analyst estimates the global semiconductor CVD equipment market to grow steadily at a CAGR of around 9% during the forecast period. The recent increase in the sale of microelectronics and consumer electronic devices is expected to augment the demand for semiconductor ICs during the predicted period. This increase in the demand for semiconductor ICs is estimated to improve the production capacity of the semiconductor device manufacturers, which in turn fosters the demand for semiconductor chemical vapor deposition (CVD) equipment.
In this market research report, analysts have estimated eminent factors, such as the miniaturization of electronic devices, to drive market growth during the estimated period. Since the global demand for compact electronic devices is increasing, manufacturers have to invest in R&D so as to reduce the size and enhance the performance of ICs. This trend is expected to lead to the development of micro-electro-mechanical systems (MEMS) and 3D chip packaging, which in turn will augment the demand for CVD equipment in the microelectronics industry.
Product-based segmentation of the semiconductor CVD equipment market
- Atmospheric-pressure chemical vapor deposition (AP CVD)
- Low-pressure chemical vapor deposition (LP CVD)
- Density-plasma chemical vapor deposition (DP CVD)
- Metal-organic chemical vapor phase deposition (MO CVD)
The DP CVD segment is envisaged to be the largest market segment during the forecast period. This segment currently dominates the market and is predicted to account for more than 41% of the total market share by 2020 owing to factors like its high demand and its low cost of ownership.
Segmentation by end-user and analysis of the semiconductor CVD equipment market
Technavio market research analysts estimate the foundry segment to account for a market share of more than 63% by 2020. Eminent factors, such as the rising global demand for electronic devices like smartphones, tablet PCs, notebooks, digital cameras, gaming consoles, set-top-box, and network switches, are anticipated to impel growth in this segment during the forecast period.
Competitive landscape and key vendors
The level of competition in the global semiconductor CVD equipment market is high, despite the low concentration of vendors. Continuous advances in technology and M&A are the two major factors that augment the prospects for growth in this market.
The leading vendors in the market are -
- Applied Materials
- Hitachi Kokusai Electric
- Lam Research
- Tokyo Electron
Other prominent vendors in the market include Aixtron SE, ASM International, and Veeco Instruments.
Key questions answered in the report include
- What will the market size and the growth rate be in 2020?
- What are the key factors driving the global semiconductor CVD equipment market?
- What are the key market trends impacting the growth of the semiconductor CVD equipment market?
- What are the challenges to market growth?
- Who are the key vendors in this market space?
- What are the market opportunities and threats faced by the vendors in the global semiconductor CVD equipment market?
- Trending factors influencing the market shares of APAC, Europe, and North America?
- What are the key outcomes of the five forces analysis of the semiconductor CVD equipment market?
Technavio also offers customization on reports based on specific client requirement.
- Global Automated Test Equipment Market 2015-2019
- Semiconductor Production Equipment Market in South Korea 2015-2019
- Semiconductor Production Equipment Market in Taiwan 2015-2019
Get Industry Insights. Simply.
Talk to Ahmad
+1 718 618 4302
Global Semiconductor Wafer Cleaning Equipment Market: Overview Increasing demand for printed electronics is one of the prime factors which areanticipated to boost the market of semiconductor wafer cleaning ...
The cold plasma market is expected to grow at a lucrative CAGR of 16.2% from 2016 to 2021, to reach USD 2.91 billion by 2021 from USD 1.38 billion in 2016. Market growth can be primarily attributed to ...
“The overall power electronics market is expected to grow at a CAGR of 2.4%” The power electronics market is expected to reach USD 41.73 billion by 2022, growing at a CAGR of 2.4% between 2016 and ...