Table of Contents
Market outlook of the self-checkout terminals market
Technavio’s market research analyst projects the global self-checkout terminals market to grow at a tremendous rate of 16% during the forecast period. The rising demand from the retail industry is driving the growth of this market. For instance, during 2013, Wal-Mart installed 10,000 self-checkout terminals in the US. Emerging economies such as India and China, are witnessing rapid growth in the number of modern retail formats that is expected to fuel the growth of the self-checkout terminals market.
Emerging technology trends such as NFC is expected to chance the way customers operate the self-checkout terminals during the forecast period. Using NFC technology, customers can make transactions without touching the self-checkout system in the store and would facilitate easier and faster checkout.
Segmentation by end users and analysis of the global self-checkout terminals market
- Financial services
The retail industry dominated the global self-checkout terminals market accounting for around 61% of the market share during 2014. Self-checkout terminals have enabled retail vendors to modify their product offerings by making use of the customer data.
Geographical segmentation and analysis of the global self-checkout terminals market
The Americas accounted for around 45% of the market shares during 2014. The growth and expansion of retail stores such as Wal-Mart, Kroger, and Safeway across the globe have propelled the demand for self-checkout terminals. NCR and Wincor Nixdorf are the most successful vendor in the Americas.
Competitive landscape and key vendors
The global self-checkout terminals market is a niche market with a limited number of suppliers. The vendors in this market compete on the basis of product differentiation, pricing, portfolios, and value-added services.
The top vendors in the market are –
- Wincor Nixdorf
Other providers in the market include PourMyBeer, Versatile Credit, and OLEA Kiosks.
Key questions answered in the report include
- What will the market size and the growth rate be in 2019?
- What are the key factors driving the global self-checkout terminals market?
- What are the key market trends impacting the growth of the self-checkout terminals market?
- What are the challenges to market growth?
- Who are the key vendors in the self-checkout terminals market?
- What are the market opportunities and threats faced by the vendors in the global self-checkout terminals market?
- Trending factors influencing the market shares of the Americas, APAC, Europe, and MEA?
- What are the key outcomes of the five forces analysis of the global self-checkout terminals market?
Technavio also offers customization on reports based on specific client requirement.
- POS Terminals Market in the US 2015-2019
- Global POS Terminals Market in the Retail Sector 2015-2019
- Global Interactive Kiosk Market 2015-2019
- POS Terminal Market in India 2015-2019
- Global POS Terminals Market in the Hospitality Sector 2015-2019
Get Industry Insights. Simply.
Talk to Ahmad
+1 718 618 4302
“Growing demand for cashless model type self-checkout systems is fueling the growth of the self-checkout systems market” The self-checkout systems market is expected to grow at a CAGR of 10.7% between ...
About Retail Self-checkout Terminals In a retail outlet, a self-checkout terminal is a self-service transaction system that enables consumers to make payments for their purchases by themselves. The system ...
Growth opportunities will shift rapidly from US and Western Europe to emerging markets in Asia, CEE, and Latin America This market insight provides unit shipment forecasts, segmentation by region, and ...