Table of Contents
Pyramid Research estimates that Tanzania's telecom market will reach US$1.3bn in revenue in 2015. Mobile voice services will continue to be the major revenue contributor generating $845m, or 67.0%, of total service revenue in 2015. Growth in mobile service revenue will be driven by the expansion of mobile networks into new regions, particularly rural areas. Increasing price competition has also helped to boost adoption and usage of mobile services, including mobile money services. Over the next five years, overall service revenue will grow at a CAGR of 4.5% to reach $1.6bn in 2020.
- With total service revenue of $1.3bn in 2015, Tanzania's telecom market ranks lower than neighboring market Kenya, which has a smaller population. Between 2015 and 2020, Pyramid Research expects Tanzania's total market revenue to grow at a CAGR of 4.5%, to reach $1.6bn in 2020. In local currency, the market is expected to increase at a faster CAGR of 11.7% over the same period.
- The two leading mobile operators in the country are Vodacom and Tigo; collectively, they will account for 69.3% of total telecom service revenue in 2015. The national regulator of the telecommunications sector (TRCA) remains focused on improving the competitive landscape in the sector; as such, a new entrant was awarded a mobile license. Halotel, the new mobile operator, launched operations in October 2015.
- Toward 2020, operators should continue to invest in the expansion of their mobile networks in rural areas and ensure adequate quality of service to increase and maintain their subscriber market share. Vendors should position themselves to support operator expansion plans over the coming years, as well as operator rollout of 4G networks.
“Tanzania: Revenue Growth to be Underpinned by Mobile Network Expansion into Rural Areas” provides an executive-level overview of the telecommunications market in Tanzania today, with detailed forecasts of key indicators up to 2020. It delivers deep quantitative and qualitative insight into the telecom market of Tanzania, analyzing key trends, evaluating near-term opportunities and assessing risk factors, based on proprietary data from Pyramid Research's databases.
It provides in-depth analysis of the following:
- Tanzania in a regional context; a comparative review of market size and trends with that of other countries in the region.
- Economic, demographic and political context in Tanzania.
- The regulatory environment and trends; a review of the regulatory setting and agenda for the next 18-24 months as well as relevant developments pertaining to spectrum licensing, national broadband plans and more.
- A demand profile; analysis as well as forecasts and historical figures of service revenue from fixed telephony, broadband, mobile voice and data markets.
- Service evolution; a look at the change in the breakdown of overall revenue by fixed and mobile sectors and by voice and data in the current year as well as the end of the forecast period.
- An in-depth sector analysis of fixed telephony and broadband services, mobile voice and data services; a quantitative analysis of service adoption trends by technology/platform as well as operator, average revenue per line/subscription and service revenue through the end of the forecast period.
- Main opportunities; this section details the near-term opportunities for operators, vendors and investors in the telecommunications market in Tanzania.
Reasons To Buy
- Provides an overview of the Tanzania telecom market through a combination of quantitative and qualitative insights. The graphical information consists of more than 20 charts and tables derived from Pyramid Research's forecast products.
- Build profitable growth strategies by leveraging the analysis which includes an examination of current player strategies and the future trends of the Tanzania telecommunications market.
- Understand the factors behind ongoing and upcoming trends in Tanzania's mobile communications, fixed telephony and broadband markets, including the evolution of service provider market shares, to align product offerings and strategies to meet customer demand.
- Gain insights on key telecom players in the market and their strategies to grow market share.
- Explore novel opportunities to align your product strategies and offerings to meet customer requirements and succeed in the challenging telecommunications market in Tanzania.
Get Industry Insights. Simply.
Talk to Veronica
+1 718 514 2762
"The rate of annual growth worldwide will decline persistently over the forecast period, falling from 78% in 2015 to 30% in 2021." Cellular data traffic growth will continue to be stronger in emerging ...
"Cellular data traffic in Sub-Saharan Africa will be over 9 times higher in 2021 than in 2016 – this growth will be key to mobile operators' future prospects." Mobile network operators in Sub-Saharan ...
"Cellular data traffic in the Middle East and North Africa will be 484% higher in 2021 than in 2016 – mobile operators must monetise this growth." Mobile network operators in the Middle East and North ...