Table of Contents
There are a number of influences currently shaping the baby food market in Germany which are likely to continue over the next few years. Ready-to-eat products are expected to comprise one of the few growth areas in the baby food market in the face of a falling birth rate. Concerns over the health and safety aspects of manufactured baby foods will remain a priority for parents, and products which are organic, hypoallergenic, or possess other health enhancing properties are likely to have the advantage, despite their usually higher price. Confidence in recognised brand names will remain high notwithstanding further contamination scares.
- 2014 saw an upturn in sales over the previous year of 2.5% in value and 2.1% in volume. This was in part due to higher birth numbers, but also to an improvement in the economy, and to strong marketing and product innovation.
- Unusually, the largest sector of the German market is not baby milks but meals and juices. The latter accounted for 47.9% of value sales in 2014 and for 72.6% of volume sales.
- Two major channels of distribution dominate in the baby food sector - drugmarkets and food outlets, the latter principally comprising large supermarkets and hypermarkets.
- Although the economic situation has improved in 2015, growth is expected to be muted over the review period overall. The number of births is also expected to fall.
“Baby Food in Germany” is an analytical report by Canadean which provides extensive and highly detailed current and future market trends in the Germany market.
What else does this report offer?
- Consumption data based upon a unique combination of industry research, fieldwork, market sizing work and our in-house expertise to offer extensive data about the trends and dynamics affecting the industry.
- Detailed profile of the companies operating and new companies considering entry in the industry along with their key focus product sectors.
- Market profile of the various product sectors with the key features and developments, segmentation, per capita trends and the various manufacturers and brands.
- Overview of baby food retailing with a mention of the major retailers in the country along with the distribution channel.
- Future projections considering various trends which are likely to affect the industry.
Reasons To Buy
- Evaluate important changes in consumer behaviour and identify profitable markets and areas for product innovation.
- Analyse current and forecast behaviour trends in each category to identify the best opportunities to exploit.
- Detailed understanding of consumption by individual product categories in order to align your sales and marketing efforts with the latest trends in the market.
Investigates which categories are performing the best and how this is changing market dynamics.
Get Industry Insights. Simply.
Talk to Veronica
+1 718 514 2762
The global baby product market is expected to reach USD 121.0 billion by 2025, according to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc. Rising spending capability in matured economies of North America and ...
This report analyzes the worldwide markets for Baby Foods and Infant Formula in US$ by the following Product Segments: Infant Formula, RTE Foods, Dried Foods, and Others. The report provides separate comprehensive ...
This report provides insight into the current market scenario, structure and practices. In depth market scenario includes: - Current market size estimate - Revenues by players - Top 5 Companies - Market ...