Table of Contents
The market for baby food in the Netherlands is well established and relatively mature. Despite its size, the market grew steadily up to 2008.
Since then, however, sales have declined in both volume and value, as the market has been adversely affected not only by the poor economic climate for much of the period, but also by lower numbers of annual births since 2009. All sectors except baby drinks are expected to show some growth in per capita terms, but increases in consumption are likely to be restrained. Average prices in cereals and drinks have been falling in real terms and further declines in real terms can be expected in 2015, as manufacturers seek to stimulate sales.
- Baby meals account for the highest proportion of volume sales, claiming 46.2% of total consumption in 2014, ahead of milks with 24.6%.
- Per capita consumption of all sectors has fallen over the period, with the exception of milks, which have seen a 5.8% increase, and wet meals, which have remained more or less stable.
- The majority of baby food in the Netherlands is sold through grocery stores (principally hypermarkets and supermarkets), at 81.7% by value in 2014, with the remainder of sales being made mainly through pharmacies and drugstores. On-line sales are growing.
“Baby Food in Netherlands” is an analytical report by Canadean which provides extensive and highly detailed current and future market trends in the Netherlands market.
What else does this report offer?
- Consumption data based upon a unique combination of industry research, fieldwork, market sizing work and our in-house expertise to offer extensive data about the trends and dynamics affecting the industry.
- Detailed profile of the companies operating and new companies considering entry in the industry along with their key focus product sectors.
- Market profile of the various product sectors with the key features and developments, segmentation, per capita trends and the various manufacturers and brands.
- Overview of baby food retailing with a mention of the major retailers in the country along with the distribution channel.
- Future projections considering various trends which are likely to affect the industry.
Reasons To Buy
- Evaluate important changes in consumer behaviour and identify profitable markets and areas for product innovation.
- Analyse current and forecast behaviour trends in each category to identify the best opportunities to exploit.
- Detailed understanding of consumption by individual product categories in order to align your sales and marketing efforts with the latest trends in the market.
Investigates which categories are performing the best and how this is changing market dynamics.
Get Industry Insights. Simply.
Talk to Ahmad
+1 718 618 4302
The global baby product market is expected to reach USD 121.0 billion by 2025, according to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc. Rising spending capability in matured economies of North America and ...
This report analyzes the worldwide markets for Baby Foods and Infant Formula in US$ by the following Product Segments: Infant Formula, RTE Foods, Dried Foods, and Others. The report provides separate comprehensive ...
This report provides insight into the current market scenario, structure and practices. In depth market scenario includes: - Current market size estimate - Revenues by players - Top 5 Companies - Market ...