Table of Contents
Estonia has one of the most advanced mobile markets in Europe, having benefitted from considerable investment from the mobile network operators Telia, Elisa and Tele2.
The market enjoys effective competition, although the MVNO sector remains underdeveloped. Operator investment in HSPA and LTE technologies has underscored the growing mobile broadband sector. The launch of LTE-A services has also provided far higher data rates, bringing the county to the forefront of such developments in the region and supporting a range of mobile data services and applications. Operators are engaged in 5G trials, which will further underpin revenue growth in coming years once services become commercially available from about 2020.
This report provides a concise overview of Estonia's mobile market as players further develop the data sector. It covers the major players, regulatory developments, services offered and a variety of financial and operating statistics.
- Telia Estonia and Tele2 Estonia trial 5G services
- Tele2 rolls out CA LTE-A services in major cities
- Elisa providing 99% population coverage with LTE, trials LTE-A technology
- Tele2 launches platform to manage M2M connections
- Telia Estonia partners with Sigfox to develop its LPWA platform
- report update includes operator data to Q4 2016, Statistics Estonia data to December 2015, the regulator's market data updates and 2015 annual report, recent market developments.
Companies mentioned in this report:
- Telia Estonia
- Tele2 Estonia
Get Industry Insights. Simply.
Talk to Ahmad
+1 718 618 4302
"The rate of annual growth worldwide will decline persistently over the forecast period, falling from 78% in 2015 to 30% in 2021." Cellular data traffic growth will continue to be stronger in emerging ...
"Telecoms retail revenue decline in Western Europe will be slower than in previous years, falling at a CAGR of –0.5% between 2016 and 2021." Slower revenue decline in Western Europe is a result of increasing ...
This report provides: - an interim update of our 5-year forecast of more than 175 mobile and fixed KPIs for the Middle East and North Africa, as a whole and for 12 key countries, which was previously published ...