Table of Contents
This TforG Healthcare Market review report for Chile includes numerical and written analysis on the socioeconomic and macroeconomic context and outlook, the healthcare system, and the latest healthcare reforms. Moreover, an extensive chapter is dedicated to the markets for capital equipment, medical devices, disposables and pharmaceuticals.
The report helps businesses gain a unique insight into the socio-economic dynamics, and helps analyze how they affect healthcare systems and their evolution. It can serve as a valuable tool with actionable guidance for sales, marketing, R&D and business managers with industry related interests.
Four chapters cover the numerical and written analysis for the following topics: Economic Outlook (38 Key industry indicators), The Healthcare System (HC system structures), Reforms (restructuring, re-engineering or austerity efforts) and the Healthcare Market (Capital Equipment, Medical Devices, Disposables and Pharmaceuticals).
- Compared to other Latin American countries, public spending places Chile on the high end, along with
Brazil and Argentina. Chilean healthcare expenditures represent about 7.2 percent of the GDP.
- Chile’s economic growth plateaued in 2013 and is projected to remain weak in 2014. A gradual pick up
is expected in 2015, putting Chile back to growth by the end of the year.
- Drivers of the 2015 return to growth include increases in investment and exports, which will benefit from exchange rate depreciation.
- Exports account for approximately one-third of the GDP, with commodities accounting for about three quarters of total exports.
The Healthcare System:
The Chilean healthcare system is divided in to two parts:
-A private health insurance system (i.e. ISAPRES), originally created to function in parallel to the public system and be the predominant choice.
-The National Health Fund (FONASA), a public agency created to collect and manage the
resources coming from the government’s health budget and employee contributions (for those
who chose to remain in the public health system). FONASA also covers those who cannot afford
to use ISAPRES.
- Although many hospitals are equipped with the latest technologies and fine medical staff, others are underfinanced and do not offer the same quality of care.
Healthcare reform goals include:
- Greater public-private healthcare equality
- Self-managed public hospitals
- Diminish the Shortages in Healthcare Professionals
- Improve, standardize and restore the health sector infrastructure
- Strengthen the Financial Sector
- The total healthcare market in Chile was worth over € 605 m in 2014 and projections show a CAGR of over 10 percent annually through 2017.
- The Chilean healthcare market is small compared to other developing countries (e.g. Brazil) and it is therefore not surprising that many local firms have begun regional expansion projects with countries like Peru and Colombia.
- Factors such as macro-economic stability and an ever increasing integration with international markets has earned Chile an A+ credit rating (no other country in South America has this merit).
Reasons to buy:
– Accurate analysis of trends, opportunities and challenges of the economy and healthcare industry
– Relevant healthcare reforms
– Written and numerical analysis on important healthcare indicators (eg.: acute care data, critical care data, anesthesia data, emergency data, healthcare professionals)
– Regularly updates, at least once year
– Every update published by TforG within 6 months after your purchase will be made available to you
– Global coverage, available for + 40 countries
– Unique insight into the socio-economic dynamics, and analysis of their effect on healthcare systems
Get Industry Insights. Simply.
Talk to Veronica
+1 718 514 2762
The global healthcare IT market is expected to grow at a CAGR of 15.9% from 2016 to 2021 and reach USD 280.25 billion. Growing need to manage regulatory compliance through healthcare IT solutions, government ...
The ultrasound market is expected to reach USD 6.86 billion by 2021 at a CAGR of 5.2% during 2016-2021. North America and Europe held the largest share of the market in 2016; however, the Asia-Pacific ...
EU5 Computed Tomography (CT) Systems Market Outlook to 2022 Summary GlobalData’s new report, "EU5 Computed Tomography (CT) Systems Market Outlook to 2022", provides key market data on the EU5 Computed ...