Table of Contents
This TforG Healthcare Market review report for Singapore includes numerical and written analysis on the socioeconomic and macroeconomic context and outlook, the healthcare system, and the latest healthcare reforms. Moreover, an extensive chapter is dedicated to the markets for capital equipment, medical devices, disposables and pharmaceuticals.
The report helps businesses gain a unique insight into the socio-economic dynamics, and helps analyze how they affect healthcare systems and their evolution. It can serve as a valuable tool with actionable guidance for sales, marketing, R&D and business managers with industry related interests.
Four chapters cover the numerical and written analysis for the following topics: Economic Outlook (38 Key industry indicators), The Healthcare System (HC system structures), Reforms (restructuring, re-engineering or austerity efforts) and the Healthcare Market (Capital Equipment, Medical Devices, Disposables and Pharmaceuticals).
- Singapore’s nominal GDP for 2013 was € 231 bn and it increased to € 238 bn in 2014. We expect a
continued annual growth of about 2.5 percent until 2016.
- In terms of inflation, influencing factors such as the tight labor market and the “trickle down” effect of
rising costs to consumer prices are expected to have a significant effect.
- In 2013, annual inflation was at 4 percent and it decreased to 3.4 percent in 2014.
- We expect a slight increase to 2.1 percent through 2015.
The Healthcare System:
- Singapore’s universal healthcare system allows both citizens and residents to choose providers, as they
- Services are provided through various government subsidies as well as through patient and employer
There is a dual system of healthcare delivery that combines the public and private sectors. The structure
is dominated by modern Western medicine, co-existing with Chinese medicine.
- Managed by the MOH at the national level, healthcare in Singapore is moving away from traditional
models of care provision towards a more integrated care system that has regional and local levels
working in concert to provide more comprehensive care packages.
- Well-integrated quality healthcare.
- Cost-effective healthcare services.
- Greater ability of the public to manage their health.
- Strong clinical and health services research.
- An ageing population, an increasing prevalence of chronic diseases and the growing affluence of its middle class have collectively led to an increase in demand for high quality medical technology products in Singapore.
- Singapore has established itself as one of Asia’s leading locations for capital equipment and is currently home to over 30 medical technology companies which have set up commercial-scale plants to produce equipment for both regional and global markets.
- For capital equipment companies seeking entry to regional markets, Singapore’s pro-business stance makes it easy to commence operations within a short time frame.
Reasons to buy:
– Accurate analysis of trends, opportunities and challenges of the economy and healthcare industry
– Relevant healthcare reforms
– Written and numerical analysis on important healthcare indicators (eg.: acute care data, critical care data, anesthesia data, emergency data, healthcare professionals)
– Regularly updates, at least once year
– Every update published by TforG within 6 months after your purchase will be made available to you
– Global coverage, available for + 40 countries
– Unique insight into the socio-economic dynamics, and analysis of their effect on healthcare systems
Get Industry Insights. Simply.
Talk to Ahmad
+1 718 618 4302
The global healthcare IT market is expected to grow at a CAGR of 15.9% from 2016 to 2021 and reach USD 280.25 billion. Growing need to manage regulatory compliance through healthcare IT solutions, government ...
The ultrasound market is expected to reach USD 6.86 billion by 2021 at a CAGR of 5.2% during 2016-2021. North America and Europe held the largest share of the market in 2016; however, the Asia-Pacific ...
EU5 Computed Tomography (CT) Systems Market Outlook to 2022 Summary GlobalData’s new report, "EU5 Computed Tomography (CT) Systems Market Outlook to 2022", provides key market data on the EU5 Computed ...