Table of Contents
Businesses Embrace the Cloud for Greater Flexibility
The rapidly growing European hosted Internet protocol (IP) and unified communications and collaboration (UCC) services market is creating opportunities for both European and international providers delivering compelling next-generation solutions. The study discusses factors that are impacting growth opportunities in the European hosted IP telephony and UCC services market. It provides market size projections in terms of installed users and revenues. The study also includes service provider positioning and market share assessment. This analysis can provide market participants with valuable insights on how to better compete in this rapidly evolving market.
- The rapidly growing European hosted Internet protocol (IP) and unified communications and collaboration (UCC) services market is creating opportunities for both European and international providers delivering compelling next-generation solutions.
- The early adopters of hosted IP telephony and UCC services in Europe are primarily small and medium-size businesses (SMBs) as they typically have more limited budgets, IT staff and expertise required to deploy and manage advanced communications solutions on the premises.
- With the advent of multi-instance architectures based on private branch exchange (PBX) technologies, hosted communications are steadily gaining traction among larger organizations looking for greater
security and the flexibility to customize and integrate their communications solutions with business tools.
- The majority of the activated service bundles include PBX functionality and voice/unified messaging. With the exception of a few service offerings specifically focused on mobile users, only a small
percentage of installed users have deployed advanced mobility. Presence and instant messaging (IM), conferencing and contact center attach rates are relatively low.
- Going forward, fixed-mobile convergence (FMC) and mobile UC clients, which are currently a key differentiator and a competitive advantage for certain service providers, will become table stakes in
customer evaluation of hosted solutions and providers.
- Market penetration and growth rates by country and sub-region have thus far been determined mostly by the availability of compelling solutions. In the future, specific demand characteristics will shape the
growth curve in each European market.
- Germany, France and the UK (GFU) combined held the largest share of installed users in 2014, followed by Spain and Italy.
- Most of the European incumbent carriers have launched hosted IP telephony and UCC services. However, few of them have been effective in marketing their next-generation solutions and gaining a
significant market share.
- Vodafone has been most successful among competitors with its One Net service offerings which held percent share of installed users in 2014. BT held second place with its service offerings based on
platforms by multiple vendors including BroadSoft, Cisco, and GENBAND.
- Other leading hosted IP telephony and UCC services providers in Europe in 2014 included: Gamma (UK); Elisa Telecom (Finland); Hrvatski Telecom (Croatia); KPN (Netherlands); Netia (Poland); RoutIT
(Netherlands); SFR (France): TDC (Denmark); Telefonica (multiple countries); Telenor (Nordics); T-Mobile (Netherlands); TO2 (Czech Republic); and Verizon (multiple countries).
- One of the key success factors for service providers in Europe is access to an effective partner channel. Most providers sell hosted IP telephony and UCC services through partners, which include value-added
resellers (VARs), systems integrators (SIs), IT consultants and others.
- Over the next six years, service providers with a larger footprint, a greater number of channel partners, reliable networks, and the ability to deliver more advanced capabilities such as mobility, IM and
presence, conferencing and contact center will be most successful.
- In the future, greater incumbent carrier focus on next-generation services, as well as mergers and acquisition among smaller providers, will help improve the industry’s overall health and increase the
concentration of power in the European market.
Get Industry Insights. Simply.
Talk to Ahmad
+1 718 618 4302
IEMR’s Global Mobile Operator Forecast is the most comprehensive forecast of its kind in the world. Our Global Mobile Operator Forecast provides operational and financial metrics for wireless markets ...
Hybrid Environment Drives Sustainable Growth The Asia-Pacific hosted IP telephony and Unified Communications and Collaboration (UCC) services market entered into a fast-moving stage for the first time ...
"Telecoms retail revenue for the developed Asia-Pacific region will grow steadily from USD172 billion in 2015 to USD189 billion in 2021." Challenges remain in the developed Asia-Pacific (DVAP) telecoms ...