Table of Contents
The telecom market in Morocco will grow at a CAGR of 5.0% over the period 2015-2020 reaching $4.3bn by 2020. Morocco's telecom services will generate total revenue of $3.4bn in 2015. Morocco will record one of the highest mobile penetration rates in the North African region of 132.6% in 2015. Broadband is set to be the standout segment, spurring Morocco's telecom service revenue growth and the launch of 4G will further facilitate the enhancement of revenue streams for operators in the country .
- Pyramid Research expects total telecom service revenue in Morocco to grow at a CAGR of 5.0% reaching $4.3bn by 2020, from an expected $3.4bn in 2015.
- The mobile voice segment is still a major revenue generator, accounting for 55.1% of total market revenue in 2015, while mobile data will produce $752m, or 22.4% of the total, in 2015.
- The fixed/mobile revenue split will remain relatively unchanged over the forecast period, with the share of fixed services down by 1.3 percentage points from 2015 to 2020.
- To accelerate revenue growth, operators are investing in their network infrastructure and enhancing their voice and data services.
“Morocco: Broadband Services via 3G, 4G, ADSL and Fiber Will Drive Telecom Market Growth“ provides an executive-level overview of the telecommunications market in Morocco today, with detailed forecasts of key indicators up to 2020. It delivers deep quantitative and qualitative insight into the telecom market of Morocco, analyzing key trends, evaluating near-term opportunities and assessing risk factors, based on proprietary data from Pyramid Research's databases.
It provides in-depth analysis of the following:
- Morocco in a regional context; a comparative review of market size and trends with that of other countries in the region.
- Economic, demographic and political context in Morocco.
- The regulatory environment and trends; a review of the regulatory setting and agenda for the next 18-24 months as well as relevant developments pertaining to spectrum licensing, national broadband plans and more.
- A demand profile; analysis as well as forecasts and historical figures of service revenue from fixed telephony, broadband, mobile voice, and data markets.
- Service evolution; a look at the change in the breakdown of overall revenue by fixed and mobile sectors and by voice and data in the current year as well as the end of the forecast period.
- An in-depth sector analysis of fixed telephony and broadband services, mobile voice, and data services; a quantitative analysis of service adoption trends by technology/platform as well as operator, average revenue per line/subscription and service revenue through the end of the forecast period.
- Main opportunities; this section details the near-term opportunities for operators, vendors and investors in the telecommunications market in Morocco.
Reasons To Buy
- Provides an overview of the Moroccan telecom market through a combination of quantitative and qualitative insights. The graphical information consists of more than 20 charts and tables derived from Pyramid Research's forecast products.
- Build profitable growth strategies by leveraging the analysis, which includes an examination of current player strategies and the future trends of the Moroccan telecommunications market.
- Understand the factors behind ongoing and upcoming trends in Morocco's mobile communications, fixed telephony, and broadband markets, including the evolution of service provider market shares, to align product offerings and strategies to meet customer demand.
- Gain insights on key telecom players in the market and their strategies to grow market share.
- Explore novel opportunities to align your product strategies and offerings to meet customer requirements and succeed in the challenging telecommunications market in Morocco.
Get Industry Insights. Simply.
Talk to Veronica
+1 718 514 2762
"The rate of annual growth worldwide will decline persistently over the forecast period, falling from 78% in 2015 to 30% in 2021." Cellular data traffic growth will continue to be stronger in emerging ...
"Cellular data traffic in Sub-Saharan Africa will be over 9 times higher in 2021 than in 2016 – this growth will be key to mobile operators' future prospects." Mobile network operators in Sub-Saharan ...
"Cellular data traffic in the Middle East and North Africa will be 484% higher in 2021 than in 2016 – mobile operators must monetise this growth." Mobile network operators in the Middle East and North ...