Table of Contents
The UK sports goods market has been one of the most resilient retail markets throughout the recession supported by the more robust sectors such as sportswear, bicycles and fitness equipment. In the five years to 2019 incomes will gradually recover and consumers will feel more confident about spending on hobbies and memberships again, causing the market to outperform the previous five year period
- Forecasts data up until 2019 to allow you to plan out future strategies in a much more informed manner
- Gives in-depth market data by segment, providing information on what areas are driving growth in the sports market
- Consumer data will allow you to understand who and how people are shopping for sports goods and why
In the five years to 2014 sports goods sales increased by 18.1%, outperforming the total retail market - highlighting its resilience and growth opportunities for retailers. The 2014 World Cup will boost sales in Q1 and Q2, with consumers starting to feel more confident about spending on discretionary items and wanting buy into team kits or replicas
In order to protect their brand image and quality credentials, more sports brands are focussing on opening their own retail stores and restricting stock supplied to sports retailers and discounters. For stores to be successful, brands must invest in creating an aspirational lifestyle, while justifying higher price points through customer service
The rise of online specialists, click and collect and better range availability are satisfying increasing demands for convenience, so retailers must continue to invest in this area. Leading sportswear players have seen a decline in loyalty for quality, allowing sector specialists to emphasise their expertise in design, innovation and fabric technology
Reasons To Buy
- What is the market potential and what are the threats facing it? Which segments of the sports goods market provide the most growth opportunities?
- How will non-specialists grow their share of the sportswear market and what impact will this have on specialists and the market leaders?
- Will the bicycles market continue to outperform the rest of the sports market? Which retailers have benefited from the growing interest in cycling?
- What do online pureplays need to do to raise their profile and share of the sports goods market? Which consumers shop online for sports goods and why?
- What is the profile of a sportswear shopper? Which consumer groups are underserved and how should retailers be targeting them?
Get Industry Insights. Simply.
Talk to Ahmad
+1 718 618 4302
China’s demand for Sporting Goods has grown at a fast pace in the past decade. In the next decade, both production and demand will continue to grow. The Chinese economy maintains a high speed growth ...
This study focuses on China’s Sporting Goods industry forecasts. In the two past decades, the industry has been growing at a fast pace. The dramatic expansions of the manufacturing capabilities and ...
This study focuses on China’s Sporting Goods industry assessments and company profiles. In the two past decades, the industry has been growing at a fast pace. The dramatic expansions of the manufacturing ...