Table of Contents
In 2014 spend on womenswear will rise by 3.1%, with inflation easing and consumers feeling more confident about spending on discretionary items causing more organic growth to work through over the course of the year. Outfit building, both online and instore, marketing and editorial content will encourage shoppers to 'buy the look', and drive average basket size supporting volume recovery
- Forecasts data up until 2019 to allow you to plan out future strategies in a much more informed manner
- Gives in-depth market data by price segment, providing information on what areas are driving growth in the womenswear market
- Visitor and purchasing statistics for online clothing players allow for benchmarking against rivals, and detail how to improve conversion levels
- Market share data allows you to analyse which rivals are struggling, allowing you to gain a competitive advantage and build a strategy to steal share
The importance of transitional ranges was highlighted in 2013 due to unseasonal weather causing high levels of discounting, so it is essential in 2014 that retailers better showcase their weather-appropriate clothing and footwear, ensuring that they are reactive and are tapping into shopper mind-set.
The premium/luxury share of the womenswear market has nearly doubled in 10 years. Winners in 2013 included House of Fraser, Net a Porter, Ted Baker and Reiss with design detailing, differentiation and shopping experience encouraging consumers to trade up during a period where we are seeing clothing shoppers value quality and service more highly.
As improved disposable incomes allow consumers to increase discretionary spend, average spend per head on womenswear will grow by nearly £200 in the five years to 2019. The 16-24s will gradually have better job prospects, while the UK's ageing population will mean that more women have money to purchase discretionary items for themselves
Reasons To Buy
- What is the size of the online clothing and footwear pureplay market, who are the major players and what threat do they have on the rest of the market?
- Why should womenswear retailers invest in sportswear collections? How should value, midmarket and premium players satisfy consumer demand?
- Which segment of the womenswear market is the fastest growing? Where are the gaps in the market, and which consumers should I be targeting for growth?
- Which retailers are gaining share of the womenswear market, and which are struggling to protect their market share?
- How should retailers protect themselves from unseasonal weather in 2014? Will high levels of discounting continue throughout 2014?
Get Industry Insights. Simply.
Talk to Ahmad
+1 718 618 4302
The report package World Babies' Garment Market to 2021 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts offers the most up-to-date industry data on the actual market situation, and future outlook for babies' ...
The report package World Clothing Market to 2021 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts offers the most up-to-date industry data on the actual market situation, and future outlook for clothing in the ...
The report package Babies' Garment Market in Europe to 2021 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts offers the most up-to-date industry data on the actual market situation, and future outlook for babies' ...