Table of Contents
Attitudes toward vehicle servicing in Europe's mature markets have changed since the 2008 financial crisis. Motorists have cut their spending and new vehicle purchasing has dropped to all-time lows in Spain and Italy. Recent economic recovery and incentive schemes have helped new vehicle registrations to recover but sales remain low. In the emerging markets, new registrations have grown.
Motorists have cut their spending significantly and new vehicle purchasing has dropped to all-time lows in Spain and Italy.
Of the leading five countries, France has the highest occurrence of motorists having their vehicles serviced every 24 months, with 14% of respondents doing so. In total, 24% of respondents had their vehicles serviced less frequently than every 12 months, higher than any other country in the leading five European countries.
In Italy, vehicles are serviced more frequently than the law requires. Italy's "revision" is required within four years of a vehicle's first registration, then every alternate year after this. However, Italy has the highest proportion of respondents of any leading five country servicing every six months, at 27%.
Reasons To Buy
- Understand motorists' attitudes to servicing their vehicles.
- See how frequently motorists service their vehicles and how this differs by country.
- Understand the opportunities that different servicing patterns presents to different sales channels.
- See which countries are ignoring or stretching the intervals between services and why.
- Examine which countries replace their vehicles most often and understand what this means for the aftermarket.
Your key questions answered
- What factors influence motorists' attitudes to servicing their car?
- Where are motorists stretching the intervals between servicing and what opportunities does this present?
- Which markets are seeing a recovery in new vehicle sales?
- Where do motorists replace their cars most frequently?
- Do motorists replace their cars with new or used vehicles? What does this mean for the aftermarket?
Get Industry Insights. Simply.
Talk to Ahmad
+1 718 618 4302
“Growing need for personal mobility in wake of rising urbanization and fall in car ownership are expected to fuel the demand for mobility on demand” The mobility on demand market is projected to grow ...
This 360 View Update discovers consumers' mobile activities in the vehicle and their attitudes and concerns about their in-car experiences. It provides data and recommendations for software developers, ...
Long-range EVs with Light Batteries and More Unified Designs will Dominate This study offers key highlights from analysis of the global electric vehicle (EV) market in 2016 and identifies the upcoming ...