Table of Contents
UK Customer Satisfaction Index 2014 for food and grocery is based around individual retailers and provides a highly detailed, data-rich overview of a retailer's customers, drawing on a nationwide survey of 6,000 shoppers each year.
- Measure and rank your performance in customer satisfaction in the sector and assess how this has changed using six years of history (2009-14).
- Includes ratings for price, range, quality, service, convenience, ambience, layout and facilities. Use these to understand strengths and weaknesses.
- Identifies the biggest CSI winners and losers in food and grocery this year, highlighting those that pose the greatest threat to your business.
While 2013 marked a turning point in the grocery sector, with discount grocer Aldi within a hair's breadth of upmarket Waitrose, in 2014 we have seen the latter open up a sizeable gap of 19 points. Waitrose has topped the rankings for range, quality, service, ambience and layout.
The Co-op group has achieved the lowest score in this year's grocery CSI, as well as the lowest score out of all retailers across all sectors. While the profile of the retailer's estate, geared toward smaller-format stores and top-up shopping, does not lend itself well to loyalty, there are areas where the retailer should perform far better.
Satisfaction among grocery shoppers in general has declined in 2014, with the average score falling from 118 in 2013 to 117 in 2014. While the drop is small, it represents the second consecutive year of decline in the sector as shoppers become more fickle and less loyal to one particular retailer.
Reasons To Buy
- What is driving satisfaction for different retailers in food and grocery? Which retailers have improved the most?
- What are your competitors' strengths and weaknesses and how can you exploit them by adapting your own strategies?
- How are drivers of satisfaction changing in terms of importance in the customers' eyes? What impact is the economy having on drivers of satisfaction?
Get Industry Insights. Simply.
Talk to Veronica
+1 718 514 2762
About Online Grocery Grocery stores often offer non-perishable food that is packaged in cans, bottles, and boxes, with some also having fresh produce, butchers, delis, and bakeries. Large grocery stores, ...
Grocery retailers in India registered steady positive growth in 2016 and this growth was driven mainly by the shift towards online grocery retailing. The convenience of being able to shop on the go at ...
Grocery retailers recorded modest current value growth of 2% in 2016, with sales reaching MKD94 billion. The main reason for slower growth was the stagnating economy, which was negatively impacted by the ...