Table of Contents
The demands placed on vehicle batteries are increasing, influencing their complexity and affecting how and where motorists replace them. Their complexity makes them more difficult to replace, impacting motorists' purchasing behaviours and the wider aftermarket. This report draws on Verdict's proprietary in-house data to explore the factors shaping the batteries market.
As the parc ages in the emerging markets and cars exit the manufacturer warranty period, opportunities present themselves in each aftermarket channel. The greatest opportunities are found in China, where over 65% of vehicles are under four years old. This is a challenge for dealerships, but an opportunity for manufacturer-affiliated fast fits.
Across the leading five European countries, garages and VMNs command the biggest market share. By 2017, the volume of starter batteries sold in these countries will decrease by 1.2%. The share of sales taken by garages and VMNs will increase while the proportion of the market occupied by parts stores and hypermarkets will decline.
As batteries become more complex, Verdict expects that, in the longer term, there will be a defined split in the market, with VMNs and large garage networks supporting and servicing the demands of the start-stop market, whilst smaller independent garages continue to service the standard battery market.
Reasons To Buy
- Understand how consumer trends influence how and where motorists get their battery replaced.
- Target which markets are most and least likely to use particular types of batteries, and see their growth potential.
- See how the value and volume of the batteries market will change over time by region and by channel.
Your key questions answered
- Which markets demonstrate the greatest growth potential for starter batteries and which channels will benefit?
- How do motorists decide which brand of battery to buy, what influences the decision and what opportunities does this present for retailers?
- What opportunities exist for all channels to maximise their potential share of the batteries market?
Get Industry Insights. Simply.
Talk to Veronica
+1 718 514 2762
Use this report to: - Gain insight into the market dynamics of advanced battery and fuel cell technologies in terms of market value, number of units shipped and types of materials used. - Identify leading ...
Global Cardiac Rhythm Management (CRM) Devices Batteries Market: Overview Rising prevalence of arrhythmic patients globally have resulted in increasing number of CRM devices implantations thus, escalating ...
“Lithium ion battery market expected to exhibit significant growth potential between 2016 and 2022” The lithium ion battery market is expected to grow at a CAGR of 16.6% between 2016 and 2022 to be ...