Table of Contents
Market outlook of the healthcare SCM market
Technavio’s research analyst predicts the global healthcare SCM market to grow steadily at a CAGR of 10% over the next four years. The need to improve traceability in the healthcare SCM system is the primary growth driver for this market. Healthcare SCM helps organizations with labor optimization, financial management, and smooth flow of information throughout the entire supply chain.
Over the years, many SCM software solutions have been developed by the leading players in this market in a bid to reduce errors related to procurement of healthcare devices. . Ongoing efforts to implement GS1 standards as a tool to improve healthcare SCM systems will further augment the adoption of SCM in the healthcare sector during the forecast period.
Segmentation and analysis of the healthcare SCM market
- Supply chain planning
- Warehouse management system
The supply chain planning segment dominated the market in 2015 with a market share of close to 80%. Supply chain planning solutions provide real-time information about the shipment of the products, which enhances traceability.
Geographical segmentation and analysis of the healthcare SCM market
The Americas accounted for approximately 55% of the market share in 2015. The growth of the healthcare SCM market in the region can be attributed to the healthcare reforms implemented by different countries such as the Affordable Care Act in the US, which is also known as ObamaCare. The need to enhance supply-chain systems in the Americas is primarily driven by risk management and compliance issues.
Competitive landscape and key vendors
Competition among the vendors in the global healthcare SCM market is fierce because of the presence of numerous player. The role of IT in healthcare services is becoming important and vendors are consistently investing in developing new products and services for healthcare SCM. Firms are also adopting market consolidation strategies to expand their business globally.
The leading vendors analyzed in this report are -
- Cardinal Health
Other prominent vendors in the market include Airclic, Binary Stream, Epicor, Genco, GHX, Infor, JDA Software, Manhattan Associates, Mayo Clinic, Microsoft, Owens & Minor, ROi, Solstice Medical, SAP, TECSYS, and UPS.
Key questions answered in the report include
- What will the market size and the growth rate be in 2020?
- What are the key factors driving the global healthcare SCM market?
- What are the key market trends impacting the growth of the healthcare SCM market?
- What are the challenges to market growth?
- Who are the key vendors in this market space?
- What are the market opportunities and threats faced by the vendors in the global healthcare SCM market?
- Trending factors influencing the market shares of the Americas, APAC, and EMEA?
- What are the key outcomes of the five forces analysis of the healthcare SCM market?
Technavio also offers customization on reports based on specific client requirement.
- Global Healthcare IT Outsourcing Market 2015-2019
- SaaS-Based SCM Market 2015-2019
- Global Healthcare Information Systems Market 2015-2019
- Global Supply Chain Management (SCM) Software Market 2014-2018
- Global SCM BPO Market 2014-2018
Get Industry Insights. Simply.
Talk to Veronica
+1 718 514 2762
The global healthcare IT market is expected to grow at a CAGR of 15.9% from 2016 to 2021 and reach USD 280.25 billion. Growing need to manage regulatory compliance through healthcare IT solutions, government ...
The ultrasound market is expected to reach USD 6.86 billion by 2021 at a CAGR of 5.2% during 2016-2021. North America and Europe held the largest share of the market in 2016; however, the Asia-Pacific ...
EU5 Computed Tomography (CT) Systems Market Outlook to 2022 Summary GlobalData’s new report, "EU5 Computed Tomography (CT) Systems Market Outlook to 2022", provides key market data on the EU5 Computed ...