Table of Contents
Overview of the health supplement market in Malaysia
Technavio’s research analyst predicts the health supplement market in Malaysia to grow at a CAGR of 7% during the forecast period. The rise in the aging population in Malaysia is the key driver for the market growth of this region. Products that prevent age-related disorders, such as those linked to the digestive system, and ones that help maintain blood sugar levels, are in high demand among this age group.
The growing demand for probiotic products is also expected to contribute to the market growth in Malaysia. These products are primarily used as a substitute for growth promoters and antibiotics across the globe. For instance, companies such as Yakult Honsha and Chr. Hansen, have developed patented strains of microorganisms (probiotics) claiming to have particular health advantages.
Segmentation by product and analysis of the health supplement market in Malaysia
- Vitamins and dietary supplements
- Weight management products
- Herbal and traditional products
The vitamins and dietary supplements segment led the market with a market share of around 49% during 2014 and is expected to lead the market until the end of 2019. The rise in the aging population and the awareness of benefits from these supplements are the key drivers for the growth of this segment.
Competitive landscape and key vendors
The health supplement market in Malaysia is diversified by the presence of international and regional vendors, competing on the basis of quality and pricing, and market reach and financial resources. The report predicts the competitive environment to intensify further during the forecast period due to product/service extensions, product innovations, and mergers. International players are anticipated to grow inorganically by acquiring regional or local players.
The leading vendors in the market are -
Other prominent vendors in the market include Astana Biocare, Bioalpha, Dynapham Herbal, Era Herbal, QD Herbs, and White Heron Pharmaceuticals.
Key questions answered in the report include
- What will the market size and the growth rate be in 2019?
- What are the key factors driving the health supplement market in Malaysia?
- What are the key market trends impacting the growth of the health supplement market in Malaysia?
- What are the challenges to market growth?
- Who are the key vendors in this market space?
- What are the market opportunities and threats faced by the vendors in the health supplement market in Malaysia?
- What are the key outcomes of the five forces analysis of the health supplement market in Malaysia?
Technavio also offers customization on reports based on specific client requirement.
- Global Probiotics Market 2015-2019
- Global Bioactive Ingredients Market 2015-2019
- Global Whey Protein Ingredients Market- Growth and Trends 2015-2019
Get Industry Insights. Simply.
Talk to Veronica
+1 718 514 2762
The global weight management market is expected to reach USD 442.3 billion by 2025, according to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc. Rising number of overweight and obese population coupled with ...
REPORT OBJECTIVES The report “Weight Loss Ingredients: Global Market Intelligence (2012-2021)” provides market intelligence on the different market segments, based on type, application, and geography. ...
TrendSights Analysis: Weight Management Summary "TrendSights Analysis: Weight Management" looks at addressing the evolving needs of weight-conscious consumers. Widespread media coverage of the high and ...