Table of Contents
Analysis of the Global Enterprise Video Platforms Market : Market Revenue is Expected to Double by 2019
The past year has been an exciting one for the enterprise video platforms market. This study takes a closer look into what is a dynamic and fast-growing market. The growing number of millennials in the workplace, shifting workplace dynamics, including BYOD adoption, and the increasing number of instances of telecommuting, are creating the need to communicate and engage with the workforce, thereby propelling the demand for enterprise video solutions. Self-service Webcasting and employee-generated content are vehicles of growth. Economic uncertainty and market fragmentation continue to be challenges. The study offers a closer look at key drivers and restraints and regional, technology, and market trends. The market is segmented by vertical, horizontal application, region, distribution channel, and size of enterprise customer. The base year is 2014, and forecasts run through to 2021.
-This study on the global enterprise video platforms (EVP) market covers software and hardware point solutions as well as the comprehensive platforms that are employed to capture, stream, and deliver live and on-demand forms of enterprise video for inward-facing communications, such as CEO broadcasts, employee townhalls, and corporate training.
- EVP enables large organizations with geographically dispersed workforces situated in multiple offices to drive smooth and seamless communication, facilitate knowledge management and the exchange of ideas, offer continuous learning opportunities and compliance training, provide timely product and service updates, and deliver time-sensitive crisis communications.
- The ubiquity of broadband, the explosion of BYOD and telecommuting within the enterprise, the growing number of millennials within the workforce, and the increasing volume of online video being consumed by employees in their daily lives are all resulting in a reorganization of enterprise IT priorities to include EVP. Vendors in this space offer a variety of solutions - from comprehensive end-to-end platforms to hardware and software point solutions and SaaS-based solutions. The availability of easy-to-use, self-service Webcasting solutions in flexible deployment models and pricing packages makes EVP accessible not just to the largest global organizations but also to the burgeoning SMB market.
Over the past 3-5 years, the EVP market has been changing rapidly, and it is highly fragmented today. Multiple vendors have approached this market from different ends, that is, vendors with traditional core competencies in complementary markets, such as unified communications, online video platforms, and virtual events have entered this market, making it confusing for the enterprise customer to evaluate, compare, and contrast product offerings. Market education continues to be critical to get right.
- Economic uncertainty in Western Europe, many parts of Latin America, and Asia-Pacific lengthens sales cycles and dampens demand forecasts.
- During deployments, the enterprise network continues to be the key challenge. Vendors that focus on solving the delivery challenge differentiate themselves in the market.
- Security, scalability, and the availability of Webcasts continue to be key considerations for live communication, whereas the ingest and the management of video from multiple sources, search, discovery, engagement analytics, and the ability to manage and govern employee-generated content are key on the on-demand side.
- VBrick Systems Inc. continued to lead the market in 2014. It is followed by Sonic Foundry Inc., Qumu Corporation, Haivision, and Talk-Point.
Get Industry Insights. Simply.
Talk to Veronica
+1 718 514 2762
This IDC Vendor Profile is one in a series of IDC studies that examine automated software quality solutions and provides both vendor analysis and customer reference context for technology adoption. This ...
Global Exploration and Production Software Market: Overview The report provides analysis of the Exploration & Production (E&P) Software market for the period 2014–2024, wherein the years from 2016 to ...
WLAN hardware to play a significant role in augmenting the growth prospects in the enterprise WLAN market This study has been done on a global level covering five regions broadly, North America, Europe, ...