Table of Contents
A detailed update of Belgium's TV market, encompassing free-to-air and pay-TV across all TV technologies (cable, satellite, DTH, IPTV, terrestrial, DTT) plus next-generation TV initiatives and OTT video. Includes TV ratings, revenues, market shares, programming, and advertising.
- Cable remains the dominant platform but is in long-term decline as the remaining fifth of the population still using analog cable signals are churning to rival platforms.
- IPTV has been the main beneficiary of cable churn, boosting Proximus's success.
- With pay-TV penetration so high, DTT has been extremely limited, as the primary service in just 1% of households.
Features and benefits
- Gain an insight into how the pay-TV and TV advertising sectors are faring in Belgium
- Assess the prospects for multiscreen/OTT initiatives in the Belgian TV market
- How is competition manifesting itself given Belgium's very high pay-TV penetration?
- What have been the main moves undertaken by the major TV operators?
Get Industry Insights. Simply.
Talk to Veronica
+1 718 514 2762
This 360 View Update quantifies the consumer groups that are flowing away from traditional pay TV, including those cancelling services and those who never subscribe. It assesses their motivations, values, ...
Video Consumption by Language Groups analyzes the uptake and use of pay-TV and digital video services among select ethnic groups and households that speak a language other than English in the home. The ...
State of TV & Video Services Worldwide Terrestrial - Satellite - Cable - IPTV - DVD - Blu-ray - Video on demand Our TV experts publish half-yearly their TV & Video Services observatory covering 39 countries, ...