Table of Contents
Although packaging organizations are concerned about responding to pricing pressure and rising competition, focus on expansion in current markets and new product developments, will increase during H2 2015 (Oct 2015-Mar 2016). Procurement activities will increase on raw material purchases and capital equipment purchases amidst the expectation of a surge in supplier prices over the next months. Capital expenditure will be higher on new product development, and machinery and equipment purchases, despite an increase in mergers and acquisitions over the next six months. Focus will be on emerging markets such as China and India, and developed markets such as the US and Germany, all of which are expected to present significant growth opportunities for packaging industry over the next six months.
- Expansion in current markets and new product development are major priorities for packaging organizations during the next six months (Oct 2015-Mar 2016)
- The US and Germany are highlighted by survey respondents as prominent growth offering developed markets
- Capital expenditure on new product development, machinery and equipment purchases, and IT infrastructure development will increase during the next months
- Survey respondents expect an increase in procurement activities on raw material and capital equipment purchases in the coming six months
- In total, 49% of packaging industry executives foresees an increase in supplier prices, while 33% anticipate no change
Canadean's Packaging Industry Business Outlook and Procurement Survey H2 2015 report examines executives' opinion on business outlook and procurement activities over Oct 2015-Mar 2016. It also highlights key business priorities, supplier price variations, changes in capital expenditure, and organizations perspective on e-procurement. In addition, this report presents comparative analysis of survey results with H1 2015 (wherever applicable).
What else does this report offer?
- Key business priorities: examines packaging organizations' important priorities for Oct 2015-Mar 2016
- Emerging and developed markets: provides information about key emerging and developed markets, which will offer the most growth over H2 2015
- Change in MandA activity: analyzes packaging industry executives' opinion on changes in merger and acquisition activity globally
- Business concerns: identifies major business concerns that are likely to impact manufacturers and suppliers
- Change in capital expenditure: tracks the expected change in capital expenditure both globally and regionally
- Change in procurement activities: evaluates how procurement activities will change in the packaging industry over the next six months
- Procurement budget outlook: projects procurement budget allocation along with changes in procurement objectives over Oct 2015-Mar 2016
- Supplier prices outlook: determines the expected change in supplier prices over Oct 2015-Mar 2016
- E-procurement: identifies executives' perspective towards e-procurement implementation and deployment within the packaging industry
Reasons To Buy
- Packaging companies can realign business strategies by knowing the business priorities indicated in the report
- Organizations can develop or adjust business expansion plans by knowing the significant growth offering emerging and developed markets highlighted in the report
- Helps organizations to adjust procurement budget by providing information about procurement budget projections anticipated by executives for Oct 2015-Mar 2016
- Organizations can implement effective price management by viewing supplier price variations highlighted for H2 2015
Get Industry Insights. Simply.
Talk to Veronica
+1 718 514 2762
“Tube packaging market is projected to grow at a CAGR of 6.9%” The tube packaging market is projected to grow at a CAGR of 6.9% during the forecast period of 2016 to 2021 and reach USD 9.30 billion ...
“Growing demand from the pharmaceutical & healthcare sector to drive the market for anti-counterfeit packaging” The global market for anti-counterfeit packaging is projected to grow from USD 107.26 ...
“The pharmaceutical packaging market is projected to grow at a CAGR of 6.4% during forecast period, 2016 to 2021.” The pharmaceutical packaging market is projected to reach USD 94.93 billion by 2021, ...