Table of Contents
Opportunity Analyzer: Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia - Opportunity Analysis and Forecast to 2024
GlobalData estimates the 2014 sales for the benign prostatic hyperplasia (BPH) therapeutics market at approximately $2 billion across the 7MM (US, Germany, France, Italy, Spain, UK and Japan). The US contributed a significant majority of these sales, generating an estimated $1.15 billion over the forecast period, ending in 2024. Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia therapeutics sales in the 7MM are expected to grow to $4.5 billion at a Compound Annual Growth Rate (CAGR) of 8.23%. The majority of sales in the 7MM in 2024 will come from the US, which will represent 65% of the market; with sales in the 5EU corresponding to 24%, while the remaining 12% in sales is attributable to Japan. The major driver for this growth across the 7MM will be the launch of NX-1207, a direct prostatic injection, which represents a first-in-class therapy for the treatment of moderate-to- severe BPH.
Key Questions Answered
- Overall, the greatest unmet need in the BPH space is the issue with hard to treat symptoms such as nocturia and the presence of sexual adverse effects that are common with BPH medications. There are other prominent unmet needs highlighted by the Key Opinion Leaders (KOLs). What are these? Will the pipeline drugs fulfil these unmet needs of the market?
- The 10-year forecast period will mark the launch of three pipeline BPH drugs. How will the sales of the existing drugs be impacted? Which of the pipeline drugs will have the highest peak sales at the highest CAGR, and why?
- Four BPH therapies will face patent expiration during the forecast period resulting in a therapy area dominated by generics. How will this affect the market size? How will pharmaceutical companies be affected and how can they hope to profit in this environment?
- The major driver for growth in the BPH market during the forecast period will be the launch of three pipeline therapies which each represent an improvement over currently available medications in their own right. KOLs believe that the launch of NX-1207, PRX302 and Vesomni will considerably change the treatment algorithm for patients with BPH.
- There are substantial unmet needs in the BPH area which need to be addressed. Targeting any of these unmet needs represents significant opportunities for investment in the area.
- KOLs believe that BPH is an underappreciated disease and that there is the potential for momentous growth in the field.
- Overview of BPH, including epidemiology, etiology, pathophysiology, symptoms, diagnosis, and treatment guidelines.
- Annualized BPH therapeutics market revenue, annual cost of therapy and treatment usage pattern data from 2014 and forecast for ten years to 2024.
- Key topics covered include strategic competitor assessment, market characterization, unmet needs, clinical trial mapping and implications for the BPH therapeutics market.
- Pipeline analysis: comprehensive data split across different phases, emerging novel trends under development, and detailed analysis of late-stage pipeline drugs.
- Analysis of the current and future market competition in the global BPH therapeutics market. Insightful review of the key industry drivers, restraints and challenges. Each trend is independently researched to provide qualitative analysis of its implications.
Reasons to buy
- Develop and design your in-licensing and out-licensing strategies through a review of pipeline products and technologies, and by identifying the companies with the most robust pipeline. Additionally a list of acquisition targets included in the pipeline product company list.
- Develop business strategies by understanding the trends shaping and driving the BPH therapeutics market.
- Drive revenues by understanding the key trends, innovative products and technologies, market segments, and companies likely to impact the BPH therapeutics market in future.
- Formulate effective sales and marketing strategies by understanding the competitive landscape and by analysing the performance of various competitors.
- Identify emerging players with potentially strong product portfolios and create effective counter-strategies to gain a competitive advantage.
- Track drug sales in the 7MM BPH therapeutics market from 2014-2024.
- Organize your sales and marketing efforts by identifying the market categories and segments that present maximum opportunities for consolidations, investments and strategic partnerships.
Get Industry Insights. Simply.
Talk to Ahmad
+1 718 618 4302
PharmaPoint: Systemic Lupus Erythematosus and Lupus Nephritis - Global Drug Forecast and Market Analysis to 2025 Summary Systemic Lupus Erythematosus (SLE) is a systemic inflammatory autoimmune disease ...
PharmaPoint: Colorectal Cancer - Global Drug Forecast and Market Analysis to 2025 Summary Colorectal Cancer (CRC) Market, considering the sales of both branded treatments and generic chemotherapy, is expected ...
PharmaPoint: Ulcerative Colitis - Global Drug Forecast and Market Analysis to 2025 Summary Ulcerative Colitis (UC) is a type of chronic IBD that causes inflammation and ulcers in the innermost lining of ...