Table of Contents
This TforG Healthcare Market review report for Norway includes numerical and written analysis on the socioeconomic and macroeconomic context and outlook, the healthcare system, and the latest healthcare reforms. Moreover, an extensive chapter is dedicated to the markets for capital equipment, medical devices, disposables and pharmaceuticals.
The report helps businesses gain a unique insight into the socio-economic dynamics, and helps analyze how they affect healthcare systems and their evolution. It can serve as a valuable tool with actionable guidance for sales, marketing, R&D and business managers with industry related interests.
Four chapters cover the numerical and written analysis for the following topics: Economic Outlook (38 Key industry indicators), The Healthcare System (HC system structures), Reforms (restructuring, re-engineering or austerity efforts) and the Healthcare Market (Capital Equipment, Medical Devices, Disposables and Pharmaceuticals).
- Growth rates are expected to dip in 2015 to about 1.7 percent, due to falling oil prices and their influence on consumer confidence and offshore investment.
-Despite the stable unemployment rates of recent years, projections for 2015 are showing an increase to about 3.9 percent unemployment by the end of the year.
-The inflation rate was 1.5 percent in 2014 and it is expected to increase to about 2 percent by the end of 2015, boosted by efforts to keep wages high and a weakening NOK (which puts upward pressure on import prices).
-Norway’s main exports are petroleum and petroleum based products, machinery, metals, chemicals, ships and fish.
-Unlike other oil-producing countries whose economy has been significantly affected by the dwindling oil market (e.g. budget tightening, fiscal changes etc.), Norway’s fiscal policy has remained unchanged.
The Healthcare System:
- In 2014, Norwegian healthcare expenditures represented about 9.8 percent of the GDP.
- About 86 percent stems from public sources (e.g. taxes and oil revenues) and 14 percent is funded through private sources (i.e. insurance companies, employees, employers, patient co-payments etc.).
-Although the role of voluntary health insurance in Norway is still considered negligible, the use of private health insurance has increased during the last few years.
- Norway’s activity based financing is based on the DRG system.
Reforms will center around the following:
- Structural and organizational changes
- Healthcare delivery changes
- Increasing patient empowerment and involvement
- Improving coordination between healthcare providers
- Increased focus on quality of care and patient safety
- Norway’s public health sector accounts for about 89 percent of the purchases of medical equipment, whereas private purchases account for the remaining 11 percent.
- About 50 percent of all medical equipment is sold directly to hospitals.
- The Norwegian government has prioritized certain areas for development including: long term care, nursing services for the elderly and outpatient based care.
- Opportunities exist in the following equipment categories: surgical equipment, diagnostics, ultrasound machines, orthopedic equipment, monitoring instruments, pathology and lab equipment, digital x-rays and ICT equipment.
Reasons to buy:
– Accurate analysis of trends, opportunities and challenges of the economy and healthcare industry
– Relevant healthcare reforms
– Written and numerical analysis on important healthcare indicators (eg.: acute care data, critical care data, anesthesia data, emergency data, healthcare professionals)
– Regularly updates, at least once year
– Every update published by TforG within 6 months after your purchase will be made available to you
– Global coverage, available for + 40 countries
– Unique insight into the socio-economic dynamics, and analysis of their effect on healthcare systems
Get Industry Insights. Simply.
Talk to Ahmad
+1 718 618 4302
The global healthcare IT market is expected to grow at a CAGR of 15.9% from 2016 to 2021 and reach USD 280.25 billion. Growing need to manage regulatory compliance through healthcare IT solutions, government ...
Digital transformation helps enterprises improve operational performance, efficiency, and business process. It involves the utilization of digital technologies, such as mobility, analytics, and social ...
The ultrasound market is expected to reach USD 6.86 billion by 2021 at a CAGR of 5.2% during 2016-2021. North America and Europe held the largest share of the market in 2016; however, the Asia-Pacific ...
Health Care Pro...