Table of Contents
Gulf Cooperation Council Mobile Value Added Services Market : Applications to Capture the Wallet Share of Customers
This is a study on the Mobile Value Added Services (MVAS) market in the Gulf Cooperation Council (GCC) Region in 2014. It analyzes market trends, MVAS products, and trends in the 6 countries in the region and the market forecast for the period 2014–2020. The MVAS market continues to grow with data applications and vernacular content based VAS products. The study covers the competitive environment in each country with focus on major MVAS products in the market. The market segments covered in this study are non-voice services such, data services, and other Wireless Application Protocol (WAP), Interactive Voice Response (IVR), Interactive Voice and Video Response (IVVR), and Unstructured Supplementary Service Data (USSD) based services.
The Gulf Cooperation Council (GCC) is one of the most mature telecom markets in the world with the highest Average Revenue Per User (ARPU). Since 2010, ARPU values have been declining marginally due to tumbling voice tariffs and greater competition. Data services have engulfed the market and the applications market has bloomed since the 3G telecom revolution.
- In a very competitive mobile market that is reaching saturation levels, operators are under high pressure to avoid being mere connectivity providers and allow application or content developers to capture a wallet share of their customers. Therefore, service providers have turned to Value-added Services (VAS) as a way to create new revenue sources, increase Average Revenue Per Line (ARPL), and reduce the churn rate.
- VAS market participants that have been growing more prominent in the market landscape by offering the latest high-tech and innovative applications have been supporting the operators’ drive.
- Mobile operators in the GCC region have been looking forward to provide more cutting-edge VAS offerings. Islamic content such as music, quotes, and so on have high adoption rates, followed by mobile music and video.
- Premium mobile content such as ringtones, caller ring back tunes, and music on demand remains widely popular across all regions, mainly among the youth.
- 3G-based VAS is expected to contribute significantly to VAS revenues with more content being created by VAS content generators and aggregators to tap into the market.
Get Industry Insights. Simply.
Talk to Veronica
+1 718 514 2762
"The rate of annual growth worldwide will decline persistently over the forecast period, falling from 78% in 2015 to 30% in 2021." Cellular data traffic growth will continue to be stronger in emerging ...
"Telecoms retail revenue decline in Western Europe will be slower than in previous years, falling at a CAGR of –0.5% between 2016 and 2021." Slower revenue decline in Western Europe is a result of increasing ...
This report provides: - an interim update of our 5-year forecast of more than 175 mobile and fixed KPIs for the Middle East and North Africa, as a whole and for 12 key countries, which was previously published ...