Table of Contents
According to a new market report published by Lucintel, the future of the global packaging coatings industry looks good with increasing demand of metal packaging. The global packaging coatings industry is forecast to grow at a CAGR of 4.2% from 2015 to 2020. The major growth drivers for this market are increasing applications of packaging coatings in different end-markets and increasing use of packaged products.
Major applications of coatings are in metal, plastic, glass, and paper packaging. Lucintel predicts that metal packaging coating is expected to remain the largest segment with highest growth rate during the forecast period due to its continuous increasing demand for metal food and beverage cans.
Within the packaging coating industry, by formulation type, water-based coatings are expected to remain the largest segment by value. Epoxy coating is expected to remain the largest segment in the packaging coating by resin type.
Asia Pacific is expected to witness highest growth and will remain the largest market due to increase in consumption of packaged goods in China and India.
For market expansion, the report suggests innovation and new product development to reduce volatile organic compounds (VOC), to improve the recyclability of the packaging materials, and to maintain flavor neutrality. The report further suggests development of partnerships with customers to create win-win situations and the development of low-cost solutions for end users.
Emerging trends, which have a direct impact on the dynamics of the industry, include adoption of non-BPA (Bisphenol-A) coatings in metal packaging, edible coating in food packaging, and development of bio-based coatings in metal packaging. Valspar Corporation, PPG Industries, AkzoNobel NV, Altana AG, and W.R Grace & Company are some of the major suppliers of packaging coatings.
Lucintel, a leading global strategic consulting and market research firm, has analyzed the global packaging coating industry by substrate, formulation type, resin type, and region and has come up with a comprehensive research report, “Global Packaging Coating Industry 2015-2020: Trend, Forecast, and Opportunity Analysis.” The Lucintel report serves as a springboard for growth strategy, as it provides comprehensive data and an analysis on trends, key drivers, and directions. The study includes the forecast for the global packaging coating industry through 2020, segmented by substrate type, formulation type, resin type, and region as follows:
By substrate type [value ($ million) shipment from 2009 to 2020]:
By formulation type [value ($ million) shipment from 2009 to 2020]:
- Water-Based Coating
- Solvent-Based Coating
- Radiation-Cured Coating
- Powder Coating
By resin type [value ($ million) shipment from 2009 to 2020]:
By region [value ($ million) shipment from 2009 to 2020]:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of World
Some of the features of “Global Packaging Coating Industry 2015-2020: Trend, Forecast, and Opportunity Analysis” include:
- Market size estimates: Global packaging coating Industry size estimation in terms of value ($M) shipment.
- Trend and forecast analysis: Global packaging coating Industry trend (2009-2014) and forecast (2015-2020) by region, substrate, formulation and resin type
- Segmentation analysis: Global packaging coating Industry size by various substrates types such as paper, glass, plastic and metal both in terms of value shipment. Formulation type such as water-Based, solvent-Based, radiation-Cured and powder Coating. Resin type such as epoxy, polyester, acrylic, amino, vinyl, phenolic, polyurethane and others
- Regional analysis: Global packaging coating Industry breakdown by key regions such as North America, Europe, and Asia & Rest of World.
- Growth opportunities: Analysis on growth opportunities by different substrate type and regions.
- Strategic analysis: This includes M&A, new product development, and competitive landscape of packaging coating suppliers.
- Analysis of competitive intensity of the industry based on Porter’s Five Forces model.
Get Industry Insights. Simply.
Talk to Veronica
+1 718 514 2762
“Metal Coatings market to register a CAGR of 6.1% from 2016 to 2026” The global metal coatings market is estimated to reach USD 14.34 billion by 2026, at a CAGR of 6.1% from 2016 to 2026 The market ...
Complete report $12,700. Individual company assessments $2,450. This thought-provoking report on performance, capabilities, goals and strategies of the major competitors in the worldwide paints and coatings ...
Paints are any liquids or liquefiable or mastic compositions which on application to a substrate in a thin layer will convert into a solid film. They are most commonly used to protect, color or provide ...