Table of Contents
According to a new market report published by Lucintel, the future of calcium carbonate industry looks good with opportunities in the paper and plastic application segments. The calcium carbonate market is forecast to grow at a CAGR of 5.7% by value from 2015 to 2020. The major growth driver for this market is increasing paper demand from packaging and printing market.
In this market, ground calcium carbonate (GCC) and precipitated calcium carbonate (PCC) are used as a filler in paper, plastic, coating, rubber, adhesive and sealant. Lucintel predicts that the demand for ground calcium carbonate will remain the largest segment during the forecast period. On the basis of its comprehensive research, Lucintel forecasts that PCC will witness the highest growth during the forecast period, supported by increasing penetration and its attractive properties of high brightness, purity, and absorption level.
Within the calcium carbonate market, the paper segment is expected to remain as the largest market by value and volume consumption. Growth of the packaging and tissue paper markets is expected to spur growth for this segment over the forecast period due to the rise in hygiene awareness and changing lifestyle.
Asia Pacific is expected to remain the largest market due to higher production of paper and plastics in China and India. North America and Europe are expected to witness a good growth over the forecast period due to growth in the paper, plastic, and coating demand.
For market expansion, the report suggests innovation and new product development, where the unique characteristics of calcium carbonate can be capitalized. The report further suggests the development of partnerships with customers to create win-win situations and the development of low-cost solutions for end users.
The emerging trends, which have a direct impact on the dynamics of the industry, include growing consumption of nano precipitated calcium carbonate, and emergence of green applications. Omya, Imerys, Mineral Technologies, Solvay, and Nordkalk are among the major suppliers of calcium carbonate. There are some companies that are opting for merger and acquisition as a strategic initiative for driving growth.
Lucintel, a leading global strategic consulting and market research firm, has analyzed calcium carbonate market by application, product type, end use, and region and has come up with a comprehensive research report, “Global Ground and Precipitated Calcium Carbonate Market 2015-2020: Trends, Forecast, and Opportunity Analysis.” The Lucintel report serves as a springboard for growth strategy, as it provides a comprehensive data and analysis on trends, key drivers, and directions. The study includes a forecast for the global calcium carbonate market through 2020, segmented by application, product type, end use, and region as follows:
By application [volume (million tons) and $ billion shipment from 2009 to 2020]:
- Paint & Coating
- Adhesive and Sealant
By product [volume (million tons) and $ billion shipment from 2009 to 2020]:
- Ground Calcium Carbonate (GCC)
- Precipitated Calcium Carbonate (PCC)
By end use [volume (million tons) and $ billion shipment for 2014 and 2020]:
- Building & Construction
- Consumers Products
By region [volume (million tons) and $ billion shipment from 2009 to 2020]:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of World
This report answers following 11 key questions:
Q.1. How big the opportunities for calcium carbonate industry by type, application and region?
Q.2. Which segments will grow at a faster pace and why?
Q.3. Which region will grow at a faster pace and why?
Q.4. What are the key factors affecting market dynamics? What are the drivers and challenges of the market?
Q.5. What are the business risks and threats of this market?
Q.6. What are emerging trends in this market and reasons behind it?
Q.7. What are some changing demands of customers in the market?
Q.8. What are the new developments in the market? Which companies are leading these developments?
Q.9. Who are the major players in this market? What strategic initiatives are taken by key players for business growth?
Q.10.How is the competitive rivalry and threat of substitution in this market?
Q.11.How many M & A activities happened during last 1- 2 years and what are their impacts?
Some of the features of “Global Ground and Precipitated Calcium Carbonate Market 2015-2020: Trends, Forecast, and Opportunity Analysis” include:
- Market size estimates: Global ground and precipitated calcium carbonate market size estimation in terms of volume (million tons) and value ($B) shipment
- Trend and forecast analysis: Global ground and precipitated calcium carbonate market trend (2009-2014) and forecast (2015-2020) by region and segment.
- Segmentation analysis: Global ground and precipitated calcium carbonate market in term of application types such as paper, plastics, paint & coating, rubber, adhesive & sealant and other and in terms of end use industry, such as packaging, building/construction, printing, transportation, consumer, industrial and others both in terms of volume and value shipment.
- Regional analysis: Global ground and precipitated calcium carbonate market breakdown by key regions such as North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, and Rest of World.
- Growth opportunities: Analysis on global ground and precipitated calcium carbonate market in different applications and regions.
- Strategic analysis: This includes M&A, new product development, competitive landscape, and expansion strategies of ground and precipitated calcium carbonate suppliers in global ground and precipitated calcium carbonate market.
- Analysis of competitive intensity of the industry based on Porter’s Five Forces model.
Get Industry Insights. Simply.
Talk to Ahmad
+1 718 618 4302
“The water soluble vitamin & mineral feed supplements market is projected to grow at a CAGR of 7.24% and 4.76% respectively” The global water-soluble vitamin supplements market is projected to grow ...
The North America calcium carbonate market is expected to reach USD 9.19 billion by 2025, according to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc. Rising demand in various end-use industries such as paper, ...
The global calcium carbonate market has been estimated at USD XX.XX billion in 2016 and is projected to reach USD XX.XX billion by 2021, growing at a CAGR of X.X% during the forecast period. Calcium ...