Table of Contents
AMA Research have published the 6th edition of the report 'Electrical Wholesale Market Report – Western Europe 2015-2019 Analysis'. This report incorporates original input and primary research, and represents an up-to-date and perceptive review of several key European markets. It includes a review of recent market trends and forecasts for the western european electrical wholesale market over the next few years.Countries individually reviewed include:
• The Netherlands
Key areas of insight include:
• BROAD ASSESSMENT OF THIS €25+ BILLION MARKET - with a review of Electrical Wholesale market size, recent trends, key market influences, current and future developments - with medium term forecasts to 2019.
• CONSTRUCTION/ECONOMY – trends and forecasts in each country, impact of credit crisis, variable performances between key markets.
• WHOLESALE MARKET STRUCTURE – market structure in each country, recent changes etc.
• BUYING GROUPS – major players, shares, address details etc.
• FUTURE PROSPECTS – forecasts of developments up to 2019.
Key areas covered in the report include:
ELECTRICAL WHOLESALE MARKET IN WESTERN EUROPE
• Overall size & structure of West European market – including the UK.
• Market size for France, Germany, Belgium & The Netherlands.
• Market trends since 2009 and forecasts of future developments up to 2019.
• Wholesaler market structure analysis – key variations between countries.
• Key Wholesalers – market shares, international, local operations.
• Buying Groups – key players, shares, recent changes etc.
• Key supplier profiles for each country.
• Key market issues & influencing factors – recent changes, acquisitions, market consolidation etc.
• Comparisons with UK market – size, trends, structure etc.
• Future prospects – impact of current EU financial crisis in 2015, longer term prospects etc.
• Overview of international operations of major groups – Sonepar, Rexel, Solar.
• Sources of further information, contact details.
• General economic overview and introduction.
• Demographic profiling.
• Economic background - historical context, future prospects.
• Construction activity levels – recent trends and future prospects.
• Housing market – recent activity and future trends.
SAMPLE LIST OF CHARTS FROM FRANCE SECTION OF THE REPORT
• Comparison of Key Economic Indicators – France, Germany & UK – 2014.
• European Union – Electrical Wholesale Market by Major Country 2014 – Germany, France, Uk, Belgium/Netherlands, Others.
• GDP at Market Prices – 2010-2014.
• GDP Real Growth & Forecasts - 2014-2016.
• Consumer Price Index - 2010-2014.
• Consumer Spending - 2010-2014.
• Construction Market Value - 2010-2015.
• Construction Market in France - Sector Breakdown 2013.
• Typical Average Mix of Product Sales – 2014 Estimates by Value.
• France – Electrical Wholesale Market 2010 -2019 (€ Million).
• France – Electrical Wholesale Market 2010-2019 (€Bn).
• France – Market Share of Major Suppliers - 2014.
While the EU economy is experiencing a difficult period in 2014-15, there have been significant differences in the performance of construction markets in different countries. The Electrical Wholesale market is largely dependent on construction and home improvement activity and has experienced mixed fortunes over the last 2-3 years, with variable prospects up to 2019. In addition, each country has seen some restructuring and the sector has become much more concentrated in general, though there are still major differences between key countries.
The overall electrical wholesale market within the European Union countries (excluding recent accession countries) is estimated to be worth around €30-32 billion according to our definition. This figure is similar to the market size in 2012, though there have been changes within individual markets. Germany represents the largest electrical wholesale market within the European Union. In all countries, the ‘national’ players dominate the electrical wholesale market by value in 2014 – typically with shares of over 65% for the top 2/3 players.
The key trend in the market is the continuing rationalisation of the sector, with further acquisitions consolidating the dominant positions of Rexel and Sonepar across the markets covered by this analysis, and further afield. Both Sonepar and Rexel have also continued to expand their operations in less mature markets in developing economies. One important development in the last year is that Sonepar have entered the UK market with the acquisition of Routeco in 2014.
While 2015-16 is likely to be a difficult period with all countries affected to some extent, medium term prospects are generally relatively optimistic. Broadly, forecasts over the next few years in the electrical wholesaling market indicate modest recovery, reflecting a combination of increases in new housebuilding levels and a steady recovery in consumer spending feeding through into rising demand for electrical products in the medium term. New market opportunities are also emerging with the electrical sector adopting variable levels of involvement in renewable energy, home automation, while IT/communications also continues to attract significant investment. Conversely, external threats to the sector have grown with a switch to offsite manufacturing in some countries and a growing focus on modularity in areas such as wiring and circuit breakers for example.
Get Industry Insights. Simply.
Talk to Ahmad
+1 718 618 4302
The global crane market is expected to grow at a CAGR of over 6% till 2022. The market accounted to USD 32.45 billion in 2016. Innovations in manufacturing and smart design have resulted in adaptable, ...
“Growing need for personal mobility in wake of rising urbanization and fall in car ownership are expected to fuel the demand for mobility on demand” The mobility on demand market is projected to grow ...
Rising demand of integrated security and safety system for enhancing public safety is expected to drive the growth of the smart transportation market The smart transportation market size is expected to ...