Table of Contents
AMA Research are pleased to announce the publication of the 2nd edition of the "Event Equipment Hire Market Report – 2014-2018 Analysis". This unique report provides a unique, informed and up-to-date analysis of the market and includes a review of recent market performance with forecasts up to 2018.
Areas of particular interest are the following:
• Analysis of market performance 2008-2013.
• Review of key market influences including event industry, key end-use / client sectors, increasing expectations of clients / consumers.
• Estimated shares of type of hire company - specialists, plant & tool, other.
• Hire product group analysis – market sizes, influences and trends – growth sectors.
• Forecast of market performance 2014-2018.
The report contains:
• DETAILED ASSESSMENT OF THE MARKET – analysis of the market structure and details of key players within different equipment sectors.
• OVERALL MARKET SIZE AND EQUIPMENT SECTOR SIZES
• FORECASTS OF MARKET DEVELOPMENTS TO 2018.
• ANALYSIS BY EQUIPMENT GROUP - market sizes, product mixes and sector trends:
• Staging, structures, seating & marquees
• Portable buildings and sanitation
• Audio-visual and specialist lighting
• Power generation & climate control
• Traffic & crowd control, signage, security and portable access solutions
• Access equipment and other plant & tool hire
• Others – including cleaning & floor preparation, health & safety etc.
Leading companies mentioned in the report include:
A Plant, Accio Marquee & Event Company, Ace Plant, ADI UK, Aggreko, Airspace Structures, All Event Hire, Amberon, Andrews Sykes Group, Andy Loos, Arena Event Services Group, ATM Traffic Solutions, Avesco Group, Beaumont Hire, Blitz Communications, Britannia Row Productions, Cameron Presentations, Carlinden Events, Carrier Rental Systems, City Furniture Hire, Concept Furniture International, Contraflow, CW Plant Hire, Danco International, DB Systems, De Boer Structures, Deborah Services, Elliott Group, Energyst Cat Rental Power, Enigma, Europa International Exhibition Services, Eve Trakway, Event Solutions, EventServUK, Field & Lawn (Marquees), GAP Group, GL Events, Hawthorn Theatrical, Hewden Stuart, Highway Traffic Management, HSS Hire, Icon Display, Index Group, JMT Indisplay. John Attwooll and Company (Tents), Jongor, KDM Hire, Lavendon Group, Lci Productions, LION Trackhire, Losberger, Media Powerhouse, Melville Exhibition & Event Services, Northern Light Stage And Technical Services, Owen Brown, PAL Hire, Perton Signs, PKL Group, Portable Toilet, Portakabin, Power Electrics, Qdos Event Hire, Quadrant Events, Rennyco, Showlite, Spaceworks Furniture Hire, Stage One Creative Services, Steeldeck Rental, Sun Traffic Signals, Temp Fence Supplies, Thorns Group, TPA Portable Roadways, Vp, Watkins Hire, Wernick Group, XL Video.
Key areas covered in the report include:
• Event equipment hire market (excluding conferences & meetings) – market definition in terms of end-use /client sectors and equipment hired.
• Market size - analysis by value from 2008-2013 and key characteristics of the market. Market trends and factors influencing market development, including impact of economic downturn, growth in the events industry, H&S legislation, enhancing visitor experience, impact of Olympics and other major events.
• Events market – market size, structure of events market – Sports, Music, Exhibitions/Trade Shows, Festivals/Culture, Corporate Hospitality etc – sector shares.
• Market forecasts – prospects for 2014-2018 and key influencing factors on the market.
EVENT EQUIPMENT HIRE COMPANIES
• Overview of supply structure – competitive, fragmented sector with most players operating in relatively limited product sectors due to the high number of specialist operators.
• Identification of main suppliers – major suppliers, key players/specialists by product group.
• Review of key hire operators – turnovers, company structure, key areas of specialisation etc.
• Equipment groups reviewed – Staging, structures, seating & marquees; Portable buildings & sanitation, Marketing/admin buildings, Portable kitchens; Audio-visual & specialist lighting; Power generation & climate control; Interiors; Traffic & crowd control, signage, security & portable access solutions; Access equipment and other plant & tool hire; Others, including cleaning & floor preparation, health & safety etc.
• Estimated shares of the main product groups within the overall market.
• Product groups – definition, market size and product mix within each sector – growth areas such as AV and temporary surfaces etc – drivers for growth, changing demands/perceptions etc.
• Product sectors – review of products within the sector including factors affecting performance.
• Estimated shares of type of hire company (e.g. specialist, plant & tool, others) – strengths / weaknesses by sector and product group.
• Forecast of market development – short term prospects in 2014/15 and medium term prospects up to 2018.
• Positive and negative factors – affecting the market - performance of UK economy, the events industry, weather conditions, health and safety, customer experience, market competition, Legacy of London 2012 Games etc.
• Outlook - for the event equipment hire market through to 2018 and key drivers.
The UK market for event equipment hire estimated to be worth some £560m in 2013, according to a new report by AMA Research. Good weather in 2013, particularly over the key events season, benefited the event sector and consequently the event hire sector. This report relates to commercial events only and our definition of the event equipment hire market includes the key product groups of staging & structures, portable buildings, audio-visual, power generation and climate control, interiors, traffic & crowd control, security, signage & portable access solutions and access & other plant hire.
The UK has a well-developed infrastructure of event destinations, venues and service suppliers, and the market does not appear to have been impacted by the economic downturn to the same extent as other product and service markets, though corporate events in particular declined. The market returned to growth in 2011, benefiting from the Royal Wedding and an increasing interest in events, particularly outdoor events, as more people spent their vacations in the UK. The market was boosted significantly further in 2012 due to the Queen’s Diamond Jubilee, the Olympic torch relays, the London 2012 Games and related events.
While good weather provided a boost to the market in 2013, some post-Olympic readjustment meant that the market size fell marginally to an estimated £550-570m in 2013, with prospects for 2014 being positive given reasonable weather. This market decline in 2013 is simply a readjustment from the peak of 2012 and underlying growth remains strong.
It is estimated that the exhibitions & trade show sector accounts for the largest share of the event market, accounting for a share of more than 50% of the market. Other key sectors include sports, music, festivals & cultural events, corporate hospitability and ‘other events’ such as charity events and hobby festivals. There tends to be a seasonality of events, with outdoor events season being April to September; the peak seasons for trade exhibitions are February to June and September to November; and public exhibitions and indoor events such as
concerts essentially being year round activities.
The largest equipment hire sectors are estimated to be; staging, structures & seating and portable buildings & sanitation, which have a combined share of 50-60% of the market. Other important hire sectors are power generation & climate control, audio-visual & lighting, signage, traffic & crowd control, security & portable access, interiors and access equipment & other plant. This is a highly complex and fragmented market, with very few total event equipment hire companies. However, some sectors are more fragmented than others, with for example there being hundreds of companies supplying toilets, while sectors such as audio-visual equipment, power generation, staging etc. are much more concentrated.
The start to 2014 has been positive for the event hire sector and the market is forecast to grow steadily to 2018. Up-coming sporting events across the period, as well as other events such as the diverse range of music concerts & festivals, exhibitions & trade shows and corporate events, are expected to boost the equipment hire market to around £680-700m by 2018. This is based on underlying growth rates and a gradual move upmarket in some equipment sectors, but does not take into account the impact the weather may have in any given year.
The events industry in the UK is becoming much more ‘year round’ thereby providing increased opportunities for the hire companies. It is hoped that the legacy and impact of the London 2012 Games will help to further position the UK as a destination for major international events, including sporting and music events, as well international exhibitions & trade shows. One-off events can significantly impact on the event industry; for example the Olympic Games 2012 and the Commonwealth Games this year. Indeed the current decade has been described as the ‘Golden era of sporting events’, with future events including the Commonwealth Games, Cricket World Cup, Rugby World Cup and World Athletics Championship.
Developments in the climate control and structures sectors have meant that outdoor events are less dependent on the prevailing weather conditions. Technology in the audio-visual sector is rapidly developing, with visitor expectations also growing. As a result, the products available for hire are expected to keep pace with these changes, providing new solutions and creative ideas for events. Other issues that are expected to benefit the market are health & safety, security and environmental issues. Legislation is likely to continue to provide a steady demand for a range of equipment (access, waste disposal, hygiene etc).
Get Industry Insights. Simply.
Talk to Ahmad
+1 718 618 4302
The expansion of the global AC motor industry is forecast to reach 0.6% p.a. in the coming years. Between 2010 and 2016 the market increased with an average annual growth of 3.7%. Currently, AC motors ...
The expansion of the global AC generator industry is forecast to reach 0.6% p.a. in the coming years. Between 2010 and 2016 the market increased with an average annual growth of 0.7%. Currently, AC generators ...
The expansion of the global electric generator and motor industry is forecast to reach 0.6% p.a. in the coming years. Between 2010 and 2016 the market increased with an average annual growth of 3.8%. Currently, ...