Table of Contents
The 6th edition of the 'Self Build Housing Market Report – UK 2016-2020 Analysis' focuses on the structure, size and performance of the self build market in terms of volume completions and value, together with forecasts for the sector through to 2020-21. The report also provides a review of the key market influences and the main challenges facing the self build market at present.
Key sections covered:
• Self/custom build housing market - market size by volume and value, historical and recent trends, sector shares, regional variations etc.
• Build options - timber frame, traditional brick & block and cost structures review.
• Supply structure - key players, kit suppliers etc.
• Product distribution - channel shares, review of; builders merchants, electrical wholesalers, specialist retailers, direct sell, internet, DIY and self build specialists.
• Forecasts - alternative growth scenarios and influence of recent government initiatives to encourage self build into the medium term.
Key areas of insight include:
• Review of the self/custom build market over 2014-15 including market volumes, trends, overall market value, public & private sector involvement in self build, regional trends and variations, etc.
• Analysis of factors underpinning and limiting market growth - land availability, access to finance, recent planning and housing policy changes, and financial incentives to promote self build.
• Overview of self build costs in relation to land, labour, materials, plant hire, etc.
• Market prospects for 2016-17 and longer term trends up to 2020 with self build market completions with scenarios based on alternative views - current government housing targets and average growth predictions – realistic targets?
• Key suppliers – timber frame, distribution etc.
THE SELF BUILD HOUSING MARKET
• Overview of overall UK housebuilding market – starts and completions 2010-15 and forecasts to 2020, role of public and private sectors, regional housebuilding, materials mix and role played by self build sector.
• Review of the self / custom build housing sector - current estimates of market size, definitions, factors influencing definition, construction routes, role played by the public & private sectors, etc.
• Market size in value and volume terms 2010-15 and forecasts through to 2020 – based on government targets and alternative forecasts scenarios.
• Underlying influencing factors in recent years – key positive and negative influencing factors including availability and price of land, access to finance, etc.
• Government policies – rise of self build up the political agenda – funding support, planning system changes, land allocation by councils, recent changes in 2015 etc.
• Current situation – factors and challenges influencing the market in 2014-15, prospects for 2016 and outlook into the medium-term including planning issues, availability of land, community infrastructure levy, etc.
• Geographical variations in the UK self build market – proportion of self build completions for each region of the UK, regional self build costs.
• Self build costs – analysis of cost areas including, land, labour, materials, plant hire, miscellaneous costs, etc as well as review of elements of self build projects such as foundations, heating, electrics, etc.
SPECIFICATION / PURCHASING
• Motivations and influences – Key Issues affecting motivation to self-build, processes and specifications, land availability, housing market performance.
• Self-build project – Overall value/share mix by key elements – land, materials, labour, services etc., volume of timber frame in self build, generic characteristics of a self-build project, key financing sources etc.
• Key specification issues – Key influences in specification.
• Analysis of major distribution channels in self build – builders/plumbers merchants, electrical wholesalers, DIY multiples, specialist, internet, others, etc.
• Key players by channel – shares, sector strengths and weaknesses etc.
• Market prospects in 2016-17 - key drivers for and longer term prospects up to 2020.
• Key growth sectors for self build assessed against government targets for future housebuilding and the role of self build.
• Forecast scenarios to 2020
Get Industry Insights. Simply.
Talk to Veronica
+1 718 514 2762
The global crane market is expected to grow at a CAGR of over 6% till 2022. The market accounted to USD 32.45 billion in 2016. Innovations in manufacturing and smart design have resulted in adaptable, ...
“Growing need for personal mobility in wake of rising urbanization and fall in car ownership are expected to fuel the demand for mobility on demand” The mobility on demand market is projected to grow ...
Rising demand of integrated security and safety system for enhancing public safety is expected to drive the growth of the smart transportation market The smart transportation market size is expected to ...