Table of Contents
Banks in China
Banks in China industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value 2012-16, and forecast to 2021). The profile also contains descriptions of the leading players including key financial metrics and analysis of competitive pressures within the market.
Essential resource for top-line data and analysis covering the China banks market. Includes market size and segmentation data, textual and graphical analysis of market growth trends, leading companies and macroeconomic information.
- The banks industry profile comprises activities of banks and similar institutions, offering savings, loans, mortgages, and related financial services to consumers and businesses.
- The Chinese banks industry group had total assets of $31,870.8bn in 2016, representing a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 12.2% between 2012 and 2016.
- The bank credit segment was the industry group's most lucrative in 2016, with total assets of $9,686.9bn, equivalent to 30.4% of the industry group's overall value.
- A topic of great discussion in the Chinese banking industry is that of non-performing loans. ICBC's Q32016 financial report shows an NPL rate of 1.62% and an allowance to NPL ratio of 136.14%. At the end of June 2016, these stood at 1.55 and 143.02%. This is a clear deterioration and that becomes even more apparent when one considers that these metrics stood at 1.13% and 206.9% in December 2014. ICBC is not alone, with CCB, Agricultural Bank and Bank of China all announcing similar trends.
- Save time carrying out entry-level research by identifying the size, growth, major segments, and leading players in the banks market in China
- Use the Five Forces analysis to determine the competitive intensity and therefore attractiveness of the banks market in China
- Leading company profiles reveal details of key banks market players’ global operations and financial performance
- Add weight to presentations and pitches by understanding the future growth prospects of the China banks market with five year forecasts
Reasons to buy
- What was the size of the China banks market by value in 2016?
- What will be the size of the China banks market in 2021?
- What factors are affecting the strength of competition in the China banks market?
- How has the market performed over the last five years?
- What are the main segments that make up China's banks market?
Get Industry Insights. Simply.
Talk to Veronica
+1 718 514 2762
“The hardware security modules market is likely to grow at a CAGR of 12.87% during the forecast period” The hardware security modules market is expected to reach USD 1,101.2 million by 2022, at a CAGR ...
Summary Retail deposits for 2016 are expected to be 6% higher than in 2015. However, market conditions over the next few years are predicted to dampen prospects for future growth. UK retail deposits will ...
Banking as a Marketplace: Opportunities and Threats Summary EU-wide and UK-specific regulations will force banks to open up access to their customer data by January 2018. This will have profound implications ...