Table of Contents
Global Food Retail industry guide provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value 2010-14, and forecast to 2019). The guide also contains descriptions of the leading players including key financial metrics and analysis of competitive pressures within the market.
Features and benefits
* Save time carrying out entry-level research by identifying the size, growth, and leading players in the global food retail market
* Use the Five Forces analysis to determine the competitive intensity and therefore attractiveness of the global food retail market
* Leading company profiles reveal details of key food retail market players’ global operations and financial performance
* Add weight to presentations and pitches by understanding the future growth prospects of the global food retail market with five year forecasts
* Compares data from 14 countries globally, alongside individual chapters on each country.
The global food retail industry had total revenues of $5,848.6bn in 2014, representing a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 5.5% between 2010 and 2014.
Supermarkets/ hypermarkets account for the largest proportion of sales in the global food retail industry in 2014, sales through this channel generated $3,204.1bn, equivalent to 54.8% of the industry's overall value.
Growth in this industry is largely being driven by countries in the Asia-Pacific region. Countries such as China, Indonesia, and Thailand are seeing good growth as modern outlets grow at the expense of traditional retail formats. A number of country industries are mature and facing saturation, particularly in Western Europe.
Your key questions answered
* What was the size of the global food retail market by value in 2014?
* What will be the size of the global food retail market in 2019?
* What factors are affecting the strength of competition in the global food retail market?
* How has the market performed over the last five years?
* Who are the top competitors in the global food retail market?
Get Industry Insights. Simply.
Talk to Veronica
+1 718 514 2762
This report provides insight into the current market scenario, structure and practices. In depth market scenario includes: - Current market size estimate - Revenues by players - Top 5 Companies - Market ...
India is the most attractive retail market in the world. Retail market matured in India over the years but still it is highly fragmented. There are around 12-15 million outlets in the country making it ...
The retail industry in Global continues to maintain its momentum, driven by economic and social developments and population growth. Key factors in the growth of retail industry are robust economic growth, ...