Table of Contents
Pyramid Research estimates that total telecom service revenue in the Central African Republic will be $49.0m in 2015. Over the next five years, we expect the Central African Republic's total market revenue to grow at a CAGR of 4.7% to reach $61.7m in 2020. The telecom market is one of the least developed in the region and significantly smaller than other markets such as Togo, Benin, and Mali. A key reason for this is the ongoing internal conflict that has constrained development of the market. Service revenue growth over the next five years will be driven primarily by mobile services as operators continue to invest in increasing their network coverage. However, in the short-term the telecom market will be significantly hampered by ongoing security issues and political instability.
- Pyramid Research expects total telecom revenue to grow at a CAGR of 4.7% during 2015-2020 to reach $61.7m. The volatile political and security situation will dampen growth in the short-term. However, long-term plans by operators to expand mobile network coverage and the expected introduction of 3G services by additional operators will drive long-term growth in the telecom market
- The top two operators by revenue - Orange CAR and Telecel CAR - will account for 69.6% of total telecom service revenue in 2015. Despite the unstable political situation, mobile operators are raising funds to invest in expanding their operations
- Over the next five years, operators should seize opportunities to roll out 3G services as the political situation is expected to stabilize in the long run. Smartphone vendors also have an opportunity to tap into a growing mobile subscriber base by introducing low-priced devices. Investors should note the risks to their investments stemming from the civil unrest that is expected to continue to affect the Central African Republic in 2016
“Central African Republic: Political Uncertainty to Hinder Short-term Growth” provides an executive-level overview of the telecommunications market in the Central African Republic today, with detailed forecasts of key indicators up to 2020. It delivers deep quantitative and qualitative insight into the telecom market of the Central African Republic, analyzing key trends, evaluating near-term opportunities, and assessing risk factors based on proprietary data from Pyramid Research's databases.
It provides in-depth analysis of the following:
- Central African Republic in a regional context; a comparative review of market size and trends with that of other countries in the region
- Economic, demographic and political context in the Central African Republic
- The regulatory environment and trends; a review of the regulatory setting and agenda for the next 18-24 months as well as relevant developments pertaining to spectrum licensing, national broadband plans and more
- A demand profile; analysis as well as forecasts and historical figures of service revenue from fixed telephony, broadband, mobile voice and data markets
- Service evolution; a look at the change in the breakdown of overall revenue by fixed and mobile sectors and by voice and data in the current year as well as the end of the forecast period
- An in-depth sector analysis of fixed telephony and broadband services, mobile voice and data services; a quantitative analysis of service adoption trends by technology/platform as well as operator, average revenue per line/subscription, and service revenue through the end of the forecast period
- Main opportunities; this section details the near-term opportunities for operators, vendors, and investors in the telecommunications market in the Central African Republic
Reasons To Buy
- Provides an overview of the Central African Republic telecoms market through a combination of quantitative and qualitative insights. The graphical information consists of more than 20 charts and tables derived from Pyramid Research's forecast products.
- Build profitable growth strategies by leveraging the analysis which includes an examination of current player strategies and the future trends of the Central African Republic telecommunications market
- Understand the factors behind ongoing and upcoming trends in the Central African Republic's mobile communications, fixed telephony and broadband markets, including the evolution of service provider mobile market shares, to align product offerings and strategies to meet customer demand
- Gain insights on key telecom players in the market and their strategies to grow market share
- Explore novel opportunities to align your product strategies and offerings to meet customer requirements and succeed in the challenging telecommunications market in the Central African Republic
Get Industry Insights. Simply.
Talk to Amrita
+1 718 303 2019
"Telecoms retail revenue decline in Western Europe will be slower than in previous years, falling at a CAGR of –0.5% between 2016 and 2021." Slower revenue decline in Western Europe is a result of increasing ...
"Despite a decline in overall fixed revenue in Western Europe, fixed broadband and IPTV revenue will grow at a CAGR of 2.5% between 2015 and 2021." Fixed broadband revenue in Western Europe (WE) is expected ...
This report provides: - an interim update of our 5-year forecast of more than 175 mobile and fixed KPIs for the Middle East and North Africa, as a whole and for 12 key countries, which was previously published ...