Table of Contents
The telecommunications market in Senegal will generate revenue of $1bn in 2015. Telecom services revenue will grow at a CAGR of 4.5% over the 2015-2020 period. Mobile data and fixed Internet will be the largest growth segments and will contribute 43.4% and 9.5% to total revenue in 2020, respectively. We expect mobile subscriptions in Senegal to grow at a CAGR of 5.2% over 2015-2020. Going forward, operators' shift towards aggressive pricing and enriched service portfolios will further intensify competition in the country's mobile market. The government's focus on promoting e-governance and improving the ICT industry will support future fixed Internet growth.
- Overall telecom service revenue in Senegal is estimated to decrease by 15.6% over 2014 to reach $1bn in 2015.
- From 2015 to 2020, the Senegalese telecommunications market will see service revenue grow at a 4.5% CAGR, boosted by mobile and fixed data.
- Mobile will account for 75.9% of total telecom market revenue in 2020. Mobile data will be the key driver of this trend, expanding at a 10.4% CAGR between 2015 and 2020.
- We expect the contribution of Internet access to fixed service revenue will increase from 21.7% in 2015 to 39.2% in 2020.
- Orange Senegal leads both the fixed and mobile segments. In the mobile segment, it faces significant competition from Tigo Senegal and Expresso Senegal. However, given its scale advantages, Orange Senegal will continue to lead the telecom market.
“Senegal: Network Expansion and Value-Added Offerings Will Drive Market Growth” provides an executive-level overview of the telecommunications market in Senegal today, with detailed forecasts of key indicators through 2020. It delivers deep quantitative and qualitative insight into the Senegalese telecom market, analyzing key trends, evaluating near-term opportunities and assessing risk factors, based on proprietary data from Pyramid Research's databases.
The Country Intelligence Report provides in-depth analysis of the following:
- Regional context: Telecom market size and trends in Senegal compared with other countries in the AME region.
- Economic, demographic and political context in Senegal.
- The regulatory environment and trends: a review of the regulatory setting and agenda for the next 18-24 months as well as relevant developments pertaining to spectrum licensing, SIM registration, national broadband plans, number portability and more.
- Demand profile: analysis as well as historical figures and forecasts of service revenue for fixed telephony, fixed Internet, mobile voice and mobile data.
- Service evolution: a look at changes in the breakdown of overall revenue between the fixed and mobile sectors and between voice and data from 2015 to 2020.
- Competitive landscape: an examination of key trends in competition and in the performance, revenue market shares and expected moves of service providers over the next 18-24 months.
- In-depth sector analysis of fixed telephony, broadband, mobile voice and mobile data services: for mobile, a quantitative analysis of service adoption trends by network technology and by operator, as well as average revenue per line/subscription and service revenue through the end of the forecast period.
- Main opportunities: this section details the near-term opportunities for operators, vendors and investors in Senegal's telecommunications market.
Reasons To Buy
- Gain in-depth analysis of current strategies and future trends of the telecommunications market in Senegal, service providers and key opportunities in a concise format, to build proactive and profitable growth strategies.
- Understand the factors behind ongoing and upcoming trends in the Senegalese mobile communications, fixed telephony and broadband markets, including the evolution of service provider market shares for mobile, to align product offerings and strategies to meet customer demand.
- Leverage the graphical information (more than 20 charts and tables in the report based on Pyramid Research forecast products), to gain an overview of the telecom market in Senegal.
- Analysis of key telecom players in the market and major business strategies being adopted by them, to identify the opportunities to improve market share.
- Explore novel opportunities to align your product strategies and offerings to meet the requirements and succeed in the challenging telecommunications market in Senegal.
Get Industry Insights. Simply.
Talk to Ahmad
+1 718 618 4302
"The rate of annual growth worldwide will decline persistently over the forecast period, falling from 78% in 2015 to 30% in 2021." Cellular data traffic growth will continue to be stronger in emerging ...
"Cellular data traffic in Sub-Saharan Africa will be over 9 times higher in 2021 than in 2016 – this growth will be key to mobile operators' future prospects." Mobile network operators in Sub-Saharan ...
"Cellular data traffic in the Middle East and North Africa will be 484% higher in 2021 than in 2016 – mobile operators must monetise this growth." Mobile network operators in the Middle East and North ...