Table of Contents
India has the fourth-largest telecom market in the APAC region and is estimated to generate telecom service revenue of $51.2bn by 2020. Mobile data will contribute nearly 23.7% of total revenues, due to increased adoption of high-speed 3G/4G services. Operator investments in 4G roll out and expansions and focus on offering affordable smartphones and cheaper data tariffs will drive future mobile data services growth in India. Operators will offer a range of voice and data bundles to drive the data adoption. In the fixed segment, investments on advanced broadband technologies, including GPON and vectoring technologies, will be catalyst for fixed broadband growth. Pay-TV operators will focus on extending their content libraries besides introducing innovative plans and services to attract customers. Moreover, operators will continue to add local content to target regional customers.
- With the world's second largest mobile market, India telecom revenue will reach $42bn, or 1.9% of nominal GDP, by year-end 2015.
- Pyramid Research expects telecom service revenue to reach $51.2bn in 2020 (CAGR of 4% over 2015-2020) driven by operator investments in 4G network enhancement and fiber broadband network expansion.
- The revenue mix will continue to be dominated by mobile services, due to focus on further expansion of 3G and 4G services. Fixed and mobile data revenue will increase subsequently and will account for 30% of total revenue in 2020, up from 20.6% in 2015.
“India: Data-driven Spectrum Acquisitions Leading to Consolidation are Set to Transform the Telecom Market in India” report provides an executive-level overview of the telecommunications market in India today, with detailed forecasts of key indicators up to 2020. It delivers deep quantitative and qualitative insight into India's telecom market, analyzing key trends, evaluating near-term opportunities and assessing risk factors, based on proprietary data from Pyramid Research's databases.
The Country Intelligence Report provides in-depth analysis of the following:
- Regional context: telecom market size and trends in India compared with other countries in the region.
- Economic, demographic and political context in India.
- The regulatory environment and trends: a review of the regulatory setting and agenda for the next 18-24 months as well as relevant developments pertaining to spectrum licensing, national broadband plans, number portability and more.
- A demand profile: analysis as well as historical figures and forecasts of service revenue from fixed telephony, broadband, mobile voice and mobile data.
- Service evolution: a look at changes in the breakdown of overall revenue between the fixed and mobile sectors and between voice, data and video from 2013 to 2020.
- The competitive landscape: an examination of key trends in competition and in the performance, revenue market shares and expected moves of service providers over the next 18-24 months.
- In services: a quantitative analysis of service adoption trends by network technology and by operator, as well depth sector analysis of fixed telephony, broadband, mobile voice and mobile data as of average revenue per line/subscription and service revenue through the end of the forecast period.
- Main opportunities: this section details the near-term opportunities for operators, vendors and investors in Indian telecommunications markets.
Reasons To Buy
- Gain in-depth analysis of current strategies and future trends of Indian telecommunications market, service providers and key opportunities in a concise format, to build proactive and profitable growth strategies.
- Understand the factors behind ongoing and upcoming trends in India's mobile communications, fixed telephony and broadband markets, including the evolution of service provider market shares, to align product offerings and strategies to meet customer's demand.
- Leverage the graphical information (more than 20 charts and tables in the report based on the Pyramid Research forecast products), to gain an overview of the telecom market in India.
- Analysis of key telecom players in the markets and major business strategies being adopted by them, to identify the opportunities to improve the market share.
- Explore novel opportunities to align your product strategies and offerings to meet the requirements and succeed in the challenging telecommunications market in india.
Get Industry Insights. Simply.
Talk to Veronica
+1 718 514 2762
"The rate of annual growth worldwide will decline persistently over the forecast period, falling from 78% in 2015 to 30% in 2021." Cellular data traffic growth will continue to be stronger in emerging ...
"Cellular data traffic in Sub-Saharan Africa will be over 9 times higher in 2021 than in 2016 – this growth will be key to mobile operators' future prospects." Mobile network operators in Sub-Saharan ...
"Cellular data traffic in the Middle East and North Africa will be 484% higher in 2021 than in 2016 – mobile operators must monetise this growth." Mobile network operators in the Middle East and North ...