Table of Contents
eHealth Initiatives Across Latin America (LATAM) : Impact and Future Direction of eHealth
While some governments in Latin America (LATAM) struggle to provide adequate basic medical supplies, others aspire to establish healthcare infrastructure that meets international standards and drives improvements in healthcare services through evidence-based medicine. In either case, healthcare information technology (healthcare IT) plays a key role in improving quality and efficiency of care as well as enhancing workforce productivity. Improvements in healthcare IT drive robust collection of data which can be used to develop national level health policies and programs through electronic Health (eHealth).
Major Healthcare Challenges Across the Region
-Unequal and inequitable access to care
- Inconsistent quality of care
- Lack of standardization in clinical practices
- Increasing demand for healthcare services
- Lack of education and awareness among clinicians about the latest techniques, practices, and tools available in healthcare
Goals and Development Areas for Healthcare Across LATAM
Ensure adequate supply of medical and health-related products and services
- Improve efficiency of healthcare resources, especially personnel
- Drive evidence-based medicine
- Establish high quality infrastructure that meets international standards of care
- Create an empowered workforce that, in turn, develops engaged patients
Role of Health IT
Improve quality and efficiency of care by making patient information seamlessly available at the point of care
- Leverage provider data to monitor performance and improve efficiency
- Create a work environment that attracts both patients and clinicians
- Gather data that will be useful for policy formulation
Get Industry Insights. Simply.
Talk to Veronica
+1 718 514 2762
The global healthcare IT market is expected to grow at a CAGR of 15.9% from 2016 to 2021 and reach USD 280.25 billion. Growing need to manage regulatory compliance through healthcare IT solutions, government ...
The ultrasound market is expected to reach USD 6.86 billion by 2021 at a CAGR of 5.2% during 2016-2021. North America and Europe held the largest share of the market in 2016; however, the Asia-Pacific ...
EU5 Computed Tomography (CT) Systems Market Outlook to 2022 Summary GlobalData’s new report, "EU5 Computed Tomography (CT) Systems Market Outlook to 2022", provides key market data on the EU5 Computed ...
Health Care Pro...