Table of Contents
Analysis of the Global Commercial UAS Market : Overhyped Market to See Significant Growth Despite Regulatory and Technology Hurdles
Globally, the commercial unmanned aircraft systems (UAS) ecosystem is growing rapidly, and a euphoric attitude that UAS utilization can make almost any aerial data collection faster, cheaper, and more efficient pervades the industry. This study takes a realistic approach to forecasting the global commercial UAS industry, accounting for current regulatory environments and industry trends. The research separates the global commercial UAS market into manageable application and platform segments and provides regional market forecasts for UAS platforms (i.e., consumer, prosumer, professional, commercial, enterprise, and fixed wing). The forecast period is from 2015 to 2020. Predictions about the market’s future conclude this research service.
Key Questions This Study Will Answer
- How long will the global commercial UAS market continue to grow, and at what rate?
- Who are the main competitors within various market segments, and are those competitors structured correctly to meet customer needs and remain competitive?
- When will this market become an industry and will consolidation through mergers and acquisitions (M&A) occur? What kind of partnerships have been and will be made?
- What is driving and restraining the global commercial UAS market? What current trends will define the future market?
- What technologies are still needed to make this market continue growing and which applications will be emphasized?
- How is the current global commercial UAS market segmented and will the future market be segmented the same way?
- The global commercial unmanned aircraft systems (UAS) market is estimated to grow from $ million in 2014 to $ billion in 2020 representing a % CAGR.
- Over the forecast period, 2015 to 2020, the average growth rate is %.
- Demand for commercial drones in North America will generate the most revenue of any region around the globe. European revenues will be a close second.
- While DJI Innovations (DJI) is widely recognized as the leader in consumer and prosumer UAS segments, that dominance does not carry over to commercial applications.
o While DJI sells an estimated % of the UAS platforms used for commercial applications, the company is only responsible for about % of annual market revenue.
o A considerable amount of DJI's annual revenue comes from the sale of platforms to recreational users.
o There is plenty of opportunity in the nascent commercial drone platform market for innovative companies to gain market share.
- The top companies hold close to % of the commercial UAS market based on revenue.
Get Industry Insights. Simply.
Talk to Veronica
+1 718 514 2762
“Geospatial analytics market projected to grow at a CAGR of 19.2%” The geospatial analytics market is projected to grow from USD 30.71 billion in 2016 to USD 73.91 billion by 2021, at a CAGR of 19.2%. ...
The Global Small UAV Market is expected to grow at a CAGR of 10.84% to reach $ X.XX billion by the year 2020. The larger unmanned aerial vehicles such as HALE, MALE are used largely by the military in ...
The global unmanned aerial vehicle (UAV) flight training and simulation market is expected to grow at a CAGR of 7.31% during the forecast period. Currently, this market has growing acceptance, cost effectiveness, ...
UAV And UAS