Table of Contents
In 2014, the value of the US baby food market stood at US$ XXX million, representing a decline of 5.6% over the last six years. The market has been hard hit by a decline in the number of births up to 2014, when a small upturn occurred, as well as by the adverse economic climate. In addition to lower births and lower incomes, the baby milks sector, which accounts for some 75.3% of value sales in the total baby food market, has been affected by the consistently increasing number of mothers who breastfeed. Changes in the WIC programme that effectively reduced the amount of subsidised infant formulae sold, have also contributed to significant contractions in this segment.
- In 2014, sales of baby food amounted to XXX tonnes, 15.4% less than in 2008.- Milks account for three-quarters of the value of retail sales and wet meals for around 20%.
- The share of milks has declined over the last six years, as consumption has fallen and prices remained more or less stable in real terms, due to the swing towards toddler milks, with typically lower unit prices than first stage milks.
- Supermarkets are, however, losing share to less traditional discounting outlets, such as mass merchandisers and warehouse stores.
- Abbott and Mead Johnson have traditionally led the market due to the strong positions they hold in the milks sector, and in 2014 they regained this position, after losing out to Nestlé in 2012.
“Baby Food in the USA” is an analytical report by Canadean which provides extensive and highly detailed current and future market trends in the USA market.What else does this report offer?
- Consumption data based upon a unique combination of industry research, fieldwork, market sizing work and our in-house expertise to offer extensive data about the trends and dynamics affecting the industry.
- Detailed profile of the companies operating and new companies considering entry in the industry along with their key focus product sectors.
- Market profile of the various product sectors with the key features and developments, segmentation, per capita trends and the various manufacturers and brands.
- Overview of baby food retailing with a mention of the major retailers in the country along with the distribution channel.
- Future projections considering various trends which are likely to affect the industry.
Reasons To Buy
- Evaluate important changes in consumer behavior and identify profitable markets and areas for product innovation.- Analyze current and forecast behavior trends in each category to identify the best opportunities to exploit.
- Detailed understanding of consumption by individual product categories in order to align your sales and marketing efforts with the latest trends in the market.
- Investigates which categories are performing the best and how this is changing market dynamics.
Get Industry Insights. Simply.
Talk to Veronica
+1 718 514 2762
The global baby product market is expected to reach USD 121.0 billion by 2025, according to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc. Rising spending capability in matured economies of North America and ...
This report analyzes the worldwide markets for Baby Foods and Infant Formula in US$ by the following Product Segments: Infant Formula, RTE Foods, Dried Foods, and Others. The report provides separate comprehensive ...
This report provides insight into the current market scenario, structure and practices. In depth market scenario includes: - Current market size estimate - Revenues by players - Top 5 Companies - Market ...