Table of Contents
EpiCast Report: Systemic Sclerosis (Scleroderma) - Epidemiology Forecast to 2024
Systemic sclerosis (SSc) is an autoimmune disease of the connective tissue, and is characterized by excessive fibrosis, vascular alterations, and the proliferation of antibodies against numerous cellular antigens. SSc mainly affects those ages 40-50 years, and occurs predominantly in women, with a female-to-male sex ratio of 4:1. There are two main forms of the disease: limited and diffuse cutaneous scleroderma (lSSc and dSSc, respectively). lSSc primarily affects the hands, arms, and face, whereas dSSc affects a vast area of the skin and involves one or more internal organs. Raynaud’s phenomenon (RP) develops in the majority of both forms of SSc. The primary cause of death in both lSSC and dSSc is involvement of the lungs.
GlobalData epidemiologists forecast that the diagnosed prevalent cases of SSc for ages 18 years and older will increase from 131,129 cases in 2014 to 141,499 cases in 2024. GlobalData epidemiologists forecast that in 2024, the US will have the highest number of diagnosed prevalent cases of SSc, with 95,992 cases, accounting for 68% of cases in the 7MM. In the 7MM in 2014, the group age 50-59 years had the highest proportion of diagnosed prevalent cases of SSc at 25.51%. In 2014, the diagnosed prevalent cases of SSc in the 7MM were lower in men compared with women with 15.36% diagnosed prevalent cases in men and 84.64% diagnosed prevalent cases in women. Of all the diagnosed prevalent cases of SSc in the 7MM in 2014, more had experienced RP (126,151 cases) than a DU (67,099 cases). In each of the 7MM, approximately 95% of the diagnosed prevalent SSc cases had experienced RP. In all markets other than France, Germany, and Italy, 70.50% of the diagnosed prevalent cases of SSc were lSSc. In the 7MM in 2014, 18,395 of the diagnosed prevalent cases of dSSc had ILD, and 6,679 of the diagnosed prevalent cases of dSSc had kidney disease.
GlobalData epidemiologists utilized comprehensive, country-specific data from registries and peer-reviewed journal articles to arrive at a meaningful, in-depth analysis and forecast for the diagnosed prevalent cases of SSc. In this analysis, GlobalData epidemiologists provide detailed, clinically relevant segmentations for the diagnosed prevalent cases of SSc. Finally, the same forecast methodology was used across the 7MM, thereby allowing for meaningful global comparisons of the diagnosed prevalent cases of SSc across these markets.
- The Systemic Sclerosis (SSc) EpiCast Report provides an overview of the risk factors and global trends of SSc in the 7MM (US, France, Germany, Italy, Spain, UK, and Japan). It includes a 10-year epidemiology forecast of SSc diagnosed prevalent cases in these markets, segmented by age, sex, presence of Raynaud’s phenomenon (RP), presence of digital ulcers (DUs), limited systemic sclerosis (ISSc), and diffuse systemic sclerosis (dSSc). The diagnosed prevalent cases of dSSc are further segmented into cases with pulmonary fibrosis (PF)/interstitial lung disease (ILD) and kidney disease.
- The SSc epidemiology report is written and developed by Masters- and PhD-level epidemiologists.
- The EpiCast Report is in-depth, high quality, transparent and market-driven, providing expert analysis of disease trends in the 7MM.
Reasons to buy
The SSc EpiCast report will allow you to -
- Develop business strategies by understanding the trends shaping and driving the global SSc market.
- Quantify patient populations in the global SSc market to improve product design, pricing, and launch plans.
- Organize sales and marketing efforts by identifying the age groups and sex that present the best opportunities for SSc therapeutics in each of the markets covered.
- Identify the percentage of SSc diagnosed prevalent cases by disease type.
Get Industry Insights. Simply.
Talk to Ahmad
+1 718 618 4302
Note*: This report requires 5 business days to complete. DelveInsight’s Polycystic kidney disease (PKD) - Market Insights, Epidemiology and Market Forecast-2023” Reports provides an overview of the ...
This report provides insight into the current market scenario, structure and practices. In depth market scenario includes: - Current market size estimate - Revenues by players - Top 5 Companies - Market ...
The global renal medical devices & services market generated a revenue of about $XX billion in 2015 and is anticipated to grow up to $XX billion at a CAGR of XX% by 2020. Renal disease, a progressive loss ...