Table of Contents
“Rapid urbanization, population explosion, and demand for real-time information are some of the factors expected to drive the growth of the traffic management system market”
MarketsandMarkets expects the global traffic management system market to grow from USD 4.12 billion in 2015 to USD 17.64 billion by 2020, at a Compound Annual Growth Rate (CAGR) of 33.8% during the forecast period. Increasing environmental concerns, rapid urbanization and population explosion, and demand for real-time information are the main drivers driving the growth of the traffic management system market.
“Parking space & toll management solutions is expected to gain maximum traction during the forecast period”
In 2015, parking space & toll management accounts for the largest market share in the traffic management system market, by solution during the forecast period. Increasing population along with rapid proliferation of the number of vehicles due to urbanization, have resulted in parking space issues along with the need to manage the toll services. Moreover, narrow roads and sparse land space has added more to the problem of parking. This has generated the demand for parking management solutions to manage parking and curb traffic congestion. Toll management has also become a necessary aspect of traffic management as this helps in centralized toll payment, cashless toll payment, reducing toll submitting time, and faster payment processing.
“Asia-Pacific is witnessing the highest growth rate during the forecast period”
North America has captured the largest market share in 2015 and Asia-Pacific is the fastest growing region in terms of CAGR. Increasing population has led to a rapid increase in the number of vehicles in Asia-Pacific. This eventually leads to traffic management issues such as traffic congestion, parking problems, and accidents. These issues have led the countries in this region to embrace various traffic management solutions that will lead to more development during the forecast period. Increasing cloud adoption and traffic issues are driving the traffic management system market in North America.
In the process of determining and verifying the market size for several segments and subsegments gathered through secondary research, extensive primary interviews were conducted with key people. The break-up of profiles of primary participants is given below as:
- By Company Type: Tier 1 – 50%, Tier 2 – 25% and Tier 3 – 25%
- By Designation: C level – 75%, Director level – 24%, Others – 1%
- By Region: North America – 50%, Europe – 25%, APAC – 25%
The latest trends in the traffic management market include real-time traffic management, remote monitoring system, data management, and Software as a Service (SaaS) based solutions and Internet of Things. Rapid urbanization and the emerging concept of smart cities and smart traffic have further boosted the demand for SaaS-based solutions in the traffic management system market. Asia-Pacific is also gaining high market traction due to the improving economic condition and increasing cloud adoption in the region.
The various key traffic management vendors and service providers profiled in the report are as follows:
1. IBM Corporation
2. Cisco Systems Inc.
3. GE Transportation
4. Siemens AG
5. LG CNS
6. Alstom SA
7. Cubic Corporation
8. Kapsch TraffiCom
9. Cellint Traffic Solution
10. Kapsch AG
The report will help the market leaders or new entrants in this market in the following ways:
1. This report segments the market into various sub-segments covering this market comprehensively. The report provides the closest approximations of the revenue numbers for the overall market and the sub-segments. The market numbers are further split across the different regions.
2. This report will help in the better understanding of the competitors and gain more insights to better one’s position in business. There is a separate section on competitive landscape, which includes competitor ecosystem, mergers and acquisitions, integrations and expansions and collaborations of various market vendors. Besides, there are company profiles of ten players in this market. In this section, market internals are provided that can put one ahead of the competitors.
3. The report also helps in understanding the overall growth of the market. It provides information on key market drivers, restraints, challenges, and opportunities.
Get Industry Insights. Simply.
Talk to Veronica
+1 718 514 2762
The global smart transportation market is estimated to reach a market size of USD 285.12 billion by 2024, according to a new study by Grand View Research, Inc. The growing number of on-road vehicles and ...
The Global Smart Transportation market is valued at USD 48.03 billion in 2016 and is expected to reach a value of USD 138.47 billion by the end of 2022, growing at a projected CAGR of 19.3% during the ...
The term, 'Intelligent Transportation Systems' was coined over two decades ago to designate applications of information and communication technologies to the operational management of transportation networks. ...