Table of Contents
Analysis of the Brazilian Total Telecommunications Services Market : Economic downward leads to expense control and decreases the expectation of growth
Market sizing and forecasts for all main services in the Telecom market, including client segmentation (Residential, SMB and Corporate) and technology. Detailed market share analysis of each service in each segment. Qualitative analysis on competitive structure, challenges, drivers & restraints for growth, trends and regulatory issues.
- The total revenue of telecommunications services in the Brazilian market reached $ billion in 2014. This number is below the one report in the previous version of this study, $ billion, mainly due to the effect of an conversion rate depreciation of %.
- As a result of the conversion rate too, in 2014 the total telecommunications services revenue decreased %, while the market still presented % growth in local currency.
- The Small and Medium Business segment has the major CAGR, %, while Residential and Corporate segments have % and %, respectively.
- While Mobile Data, Fixed Broadband and Pay TV services have grown double-digit compared to 2013, %, %, %, respectively. Mobile and Fixed Voice services presented a significant drop, % and %.
- Causes for this drop are related to decreasing mobile termination rates, cost reduction initiatives by consumer and enterprises due to the economic situation, as well as substitution for other types of communication, such as messaging and unified communication & collaboration solutions.
- However, the total Telecom Services is likely to grow from 2014 to 2020 at a CAGR of %, as the effect of the mobile termination rate cuts is likely to reduce, and products such as Mobile and Fixed Broadband, M2M and Pay TV services continue to grow at double-digit rates.
- The Data communications growth is driven by Dedicated Internet, IP VPN MPLS and Metro Ethernet. However, as the Corporate segment becomes increasingly saturated, VAS and IT services become the focus of Telcos.
- The largest Groups in Brazil, América Móvil, Telefonica VIVO and Oi, concentrate % of revenues, and this trend is likely to increase with mergers & acquisitions happening in the market (i.e Telefonica VIVO + GVT was not considered as a group until 2014).
Get Industry Insights. Simply.
Talk to Ahmad
+1 718 618 4302
"The rate of annual growth worldwide will decline persistently over the forecast period, falling from 78% in 2015 to 30% in 2021." Cellular data traffic growth will continue to be stronger in emerging ...
"Telecoms retail revenue decline in Western Europe will be slower than in previous years, falling at a CAGR of –0.5% between 2016 and 2021." Slower revenue decline in Western Europe is a result of increasing ...
"Despite a decline in overall fixed revenue in Western Europe, fixed broadband and IPTV revenue will grow at a CAGR of 2.5% between 2015 and 2021." Fixed broadband revenue in Western Europe (WE) is expected ...