Table of Contents
How Britain Shops Furniture and Floor coverings is part of Verdict's How Britain Shops series, which surveys 12,000 shoppers online to gauge how the nation shops across 12 different retail sectors. Data from the survey is broken down demographically and regionally to provide retailers with a clear understanding of what is important to its customers, providing it with a competitive edge.
- Use retailer ratings across eight key metrics to benchmark the performance of retailers in the electrical market
- Understand what channels shoppers are using to make purchases and see how this varies across regions and demographics to improve customer targeting
- Identify what factors furniture and floor coverings shoppers find important, and how well retailers satisfy the expectations of their shoppers
As with homewares, women make up the majority of furniture and floor coverings shoppers and have the deepest penetration. This illustrates that women have a greater influence for home related purchases. While current advertising campaigns do appeal to women, they could be enhanced if the focus of the message shifted towards design rather than price.
Of all measured sectors, service was the most important in furniture and floor coverings, due in part to its big ticket nature and the greater customization available. However, many retailers are falling short of customer expectations. Online has been the focus for many retailers in this sector as it is underdeveloped but stores can not be neglected.
With its low prices and innovative products, IKEA has come top for value for money. Its vast stores, which cover many sectors, help it come top for range as well. However, delivery remains problematic, coming bottom of profiled retailers and falling below how important customers rate it by 0.6 points. Its click and collect trial should remedy this.
Reasons To Buy
- How much better off do furniture and floor coverings shoppers feel in comparison to last year?
- Which furniture and floor coverings retailers have the highest share of visitors and purchasers?
- How many other stores do your shoppers use for furniture and floor coverings?
Get Industry Insights. Simply.
Talk to Ahmad
+1 718 618 4302
Summary Growth in the kitchen furniture market has slowed to 0.5% in 2016 (from 2.0% in 2015). Prospects for the market are bleak in 2017, as weakening consumer confidence and a slowing housing market ...
Bedroom Furniture, 2017 Summary Bedroom Furniture will be the only furniture sector in United Kingdom (UK) to grow in 2017, as it benefits from its close links with customer wellbeing. Though spending ...
This report provides insight into the current market scenario, structure and practices. In depth market scenario includes: - Current market size estimate - Revenues by players - Top 5 Companies - Market ...