Table of Contents
Colombian Machine-to-Machine (M2M) Market Outlook : Mobile Operators Expand Offerings from Connectivity to Solutions
This Frost & Sullivan research service on the Colombian M2M market provides detailed market forecasts, drivers and restraints as well as competitive analyses of participants from 2014 to 2020. It covers the four top verticals in the Colombian M2M market: POS, transport and automotive, utilities, and smart metering and security. Additionally, it provides LIS and revenue forecasts and market trends for each vertical. In this market research, Frost & Sullivan's expert analysts examine M2M value chain, market distribution channels, and key industry taxonomy, among others.
The Machine-to-Machine (M2M) market in Colombia is still at the nascent phase of its product life cycle. However, with mobile penetration of %, Colombian carriers are turning their attention to M2M as a new revenue source with significant potential.
- The enormous potential of M2M lies in its manifold uses, from providing connectivity to popular consumer electronic devices. to providing households and businesses the tools to consume energy more efficiently. During 2015—2020, M2M Lines in Service (LIS) are expected to grow at a CAGR of %. Most M2M opportunities in Colombia lie within the energy industry and the automotive sector.
- Traditional mobile operators are implementing strategies aimed at both capturing emerging M2M deals and positioning their offerings to attract future growth opportunities.
- Mobile operators use different go-to-market strategies, depending on the size of the opportunity and the level of their own maturity regarding M2M. An increase in the number of technology partner options in the earlier stages of the M2M value chain are demonstrating that several M2M applications can become relatively well-defined and standardized in the short term.
- M2M portfolios from Colombian operators are still in the maturation process. Movistar is by far the market competitor with a broader set of options for both enterprises and consumers, but in the Q4 of 2014 Tigo and Avantel launched entry-level M2M solutions.
Key Questions This Study Will Answer
- What is the market size of the M2M market and what is the forecast growth for the future?
- What are the major drivers and challenges facing telecom operators that have implemented M2M?
- Which is the fastest industry vertical adopting M2M solutions in Colombia?
- Who are the mobile operators in Colombia that are offering M2M and how are they monetizing it through value-added services?
Get Industry Insights. Simply.
Talk to Ahmad
+1 718 618 4302
The Global M2M Services market is valued at USD XX.XX billion in 2016 and is expected to reach a value of USD XX.XX billion by the end of 2022, growing at a projected CAGR of 22.69% during the forecast ...
About M2M Network Security M2M network security solutions include hardware products, software products, and managed security services that are used to detect and prevent unauthorized access, misuse, breakdown ...
About Machine-to-Machine M2M Services A machine-to-machine (M2M) platform is a programmed unit in which M2M applications and services are built on. Owing to the growing adoption of the Internet of Things ...