Table of Contents
EpiCast Report: Pulmonary Arterial Hypertension - Epidemiology Forecast to 2024
Pulmonary Arterial Hypertension (PAH) is a rare and severe condition characterized by vascular proliferation and remodeling of the small pulmonary arteries. This results in progressively increasing pulmonary vascular resistance, leading to an increase in pulmonary arterial pressure. The disease typically results in right-sided heart failure and premature death. PAH can be idiopathic, heritable, or associated with different conditions such as connective tissue disease (CTD), congenital heart disease (CHD), human immunodeficiency virus (HIV) infection, and exposure to toxins or drugs. PAH occurs twice as frequently in women as in men.
GlobalData epidemiologists forecast an increase in the diagnosed incident cases of PAH in the 7MM, from 1,769 diagnosed incident cases in 2014 to 1,838 diagnosed incident cases in 2024, with an Annual Growth Rate (AGR) of 0.39% during the forecast period. In 2024, the US will have the highest number of diagnosed incident cases of PAH in the 7MM, with 677 diagnosed incident cases, whereas the UK will have the lowest number of diagnosed incident cases of PAH, with 74 diagnosed incident cases. Similarly, the diagnosed prevalent cases of PAH in the 7MM are expected to increase from 9,926 diagnosed prevalent cases in 2014 to 10,285 diagnosed prevalent cases in 2024, with an AGR of 0.36% during the forecast period. In 2024, the US will have the highest number of diagnosed prevalent cases of PAH in the 7MM, with 4,325 diagnosed prevalent cases, whereas the UK will have the lowest number of diagnosed prevalent cases of PAH, with 443 diagnosed prevalent cases.
GlobalData’s epidemiological forecast for the diagnosed incident and the diagnosed prevalent cases of PAH in the 7MM is supported by age- and sex-specific data. The forecast methodology was kept consistent across the 7MM to allow for a meaningful comparison of the projected diagnosed incident cases and diagnosed prevalent cases of PAH across the markets. Additionally, GlobalData epidemiologists provided the diagnosed prevalent cases of PAH in each of the 7MM, segmented by the NYHA functional class I-IV, which is an important factor for predicting the prognosis, as well as the need for various clinical and treatment modalities specific to the functional classes, for PAH. GlobalData epidemiologists also provide an additional forecast for the diagnosed incident and diagnosed prevalent cases of PAH, adjusted for the underestimation of registry based forecast. These two different types of forecast strengthen the analysis, and present a comparative assessment of the extent of underestimation when using registry based data, which can be evaluated to provide better insights on the burden of the condition.
- The Pulmonary Arterial Hypertension (PAH) EpiCast Report provides an overview of the risk factors, comorbidities, and global trends for RSV infection in the seven major markets (7MM) (US, France, Germany, Italy, Spain, UK, and Japan). It includes a 10-year epidemiological forecast of the diagnosed incident cases and diagnosed prevalent cases of PAH, segmented by sex, and age (in 10-year increments beginning at 0 years and ending at =85 years in these markets.
- The PAH epidemiology report is written and developed by Masters- and PhD-level epidemiologists.
- The EpiCast Report is in-depth, high quality, transparent and market-driven, providing expert analysis of disease trends in the 10MM.
Reasons to buy
The PAH EpiCast report will allow you to -
- Develop business strategies by understanding the trends shaping and driving the global PAH market.
- Quantify patient populations in the global PAH market to improve product design, pricing, and launch plans.
- Organize sales and marketing efforts by identifying the sex and age groups that present the best opportunities for PAH therapeutics in each of the markets covered.
Get Industry Insights. Simply.
Talk to Veronica
+1 718 514 2762
DelveInsight’s Pulmonary Arterial Hypertension (PAH) - Market Insights, Epidemiology and Market Forecast-2023” Reports provides an overview of the disease and global market trends of the Pulmonary ...
The Global market for Anti-hypertensive drugs Market is expected to reach $XX by the end of 2020 growing at a CAGR of around XX% from 2015 to 2021. Hypertension is a chronic medical condition where there ...
DelveInsight “Pulmonary Arterial Hypertension (PAH) - Epidemiology Forecast To 2023” provides an overview of the epidemiology trends of Pulmonary Arterial Hypertension (PAH) in seven major markets ...