Please note: The license is valid for 12 months from the date the report is sent.
The economic crisis of 2008 caused a sharp decline in the demand for aluminium worldwide. As a result of the lower demand, the market became oversupplied, which pushed the prices down. Excessive warehousing of aluminium is a result of this oversupply, with an estimated 5.5 million tonnes currently stored only in London Metal Exchange (LME).
Previous years have seen continuous volatility in aluminium market prices, with prices declining by 19% in December 2008 and further 11.7% down in May 2010. However, as a result of the current tight aluminium supply, aluminium premiums started to rise, reaching record figures by the end of 2013.
Visiongain anticipates balanced aluminium market results for 2014 due to a number of industry-wide capacity curtailments. For 2015 we forecast global aluminium production to reach 55.01 million tonnes, while consumption levels to reach 55.04 million tonnes. This will result in a deficit of 0.03 million tonnes to the current aluminium supply/demand balance. Such deficit is necessary to cut the current level of aluminium inventories. Visiongain calculates that global aluminium market will be worth $105.63 billion in 2015.
With electricity accounting for approximately 37% of the total cost of aluminium production, we expect to see aluminium production shift to nations that have access to low cost energy sources. We are very optimistic for the future of Middle Eastern aluminium production, with its access to gas and oil, as well as North Western China with its access to coal. Though North West China is extremely remote, the lower energy costs more than offset the increased transportation costs.
In the long-term, we anticipate the prospects for aluminium to remain bright as global megatrends will continue driving aluminium consumption in the future. Visiongain forecasts the largest growth in aluminium demand to come from the BRIC nations and Middle East region. We also expect major contributors to this growth will to be the transportation and construction sectors.How this 230 page report will inform you:
- View global aluminium market; forecasts and analysis from 2015 to 2025 to keep your knowledge ahead of your competition and ensure you exploit key business opportunities
- The report provides detailed production, consumption and revenue projections of the market, including competitive analyses and commercial drivers and restraints allowing you to more effectively compete in the market. In addition to market forecasts from 2015 to 2025, our new study shows current market data, market shares and original critical analysis revealing insight into commercial developments.
- The report provides 230 tables, charts, and graphs
- Let our analysts present you with a thorough assessment of current and future aluminium market prospects. This analysis will achieve quicker, easier understanding. Also you will gain from our analyst’s industry expertise allowing you to demonstrate your authority on the aluminium sector.View an exclusive expert company interview. Visiongain is one of the few business intelligence companies that provides full transcripts of primary research company interviews. Learn what industry thought leaders are thinking.
- By reading the full transcripts of an exclusive expert opinion interview contained in the report you will keep up to speed with what is really happening in the industry. Don’t’ fall behind.
- Mr Göksal Güngör, Director of Global Sales and Marketing, Assan AlüminyumDiscover consumption and revenue predictions for the key aluminium end-use submarkets from 2015-2025
- What are the dynamics driving the aluminium industry? How will the submarkets expand? Which submarkets will generate the most revenue? Which aluminium submarkets create most of the demand? Use our forecasts and expert insight to grow your business and give you more industry influence. Stay in
Get Industry Insights. Simply.
- Latest reports & slideshows with insights from top research analysts
- 60 Million searchable statistics with tables, figures & datasets
- More than 25,000 trusted sources